Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Upper Room Daily Devotional of Nashville, Tennessee, United States Daily Devotional for "IN GOD’S CARE" Monday, 14 August 2017 - Read Psalm 32:8-11

issue cover
The Upper Room Daily Devotional of Nashville, Tennessee, United States Daily Devotional for "IN GOD’S CARE" Monday, 14 August 2017 - Read Psalm 32:8-11
-------
Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct and teach you
in this way that you are to go;
I will give you counsel;
my eyes will be watching you.”
9 Don’t be like a horse or mule
that has no understanding,
that has to be curbed with bit and bridle,
or else it won’t come near you.
10 Many are the torments of the wicked,
but grace surrounds those who trust in Adonai.
11 Be glad in Adonai; rejoice, you righteous!
Shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
-------
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. [Psalm 32:8 (NIV)]
I received a degree in education in 2014. After graduation, I packed my bags and traveled to another province in search of a job. My plan was to work wherever I settled. I never once thought about the plans God had for my life. I left behind my family and the work I did in my congregation. Once in the new province, I moved in with a relative and began the job search.
Two months went by, and I was offered no job. During this time, I felt a strong longing for my family and church. I consoled myself by reading El Aposento Alto (The Upper Room Spanish edition), but I felt a great emptiness in my heart. I began to wonder if God had abandoned me, but I tried to trust that God was watching over me and caring for my well-being. At this low point in my life, I received a call with a job offer in the province I had left. I understood this call as God’s answer to my prayers. Without thinking twice about it, I packed my bags and returned. From this experience, I learned that the plans God has for me are not always the same as mine. God has always watched over me. When we continue to pray and have faith, we can be assured that God always watches over us and guides us.
The Author: Abigail Pijal (Ecuador)
Thought for the Day: God has great plans for me.
Prayer: Loving God, help us understand that you want only the best for us and that your plans are far greater than ours. Amen.
Prayer focus: UNEMPLOYED TEACHERS
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment