Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Soul Care New Every Morning "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3:23 for Monday, 15 June 2015 from The Global Church of the Nazarene's Clergy Development Office of Lenexa, Kansas, United States

Soul Care New Every Morning "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3:23 for Monday, 15 June 2015 from The Global Church of the Nazarene's Clergy Development Office of Lenexa, Kansas, United States

Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Hannah was praying silently; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard; therefore Eli thought she was drunk. So Eli said to her, "How long will you make a drunken spectacle of yourself? Put away your wine." But Hannah answered, "No, my lord, I am a woman deeply troubled; I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but I have been pouring out my soul before the Lord. Do not regard your servant as a worthless woman, for I have been speaking out of my great anxiety and vexation all this time." Then Eli answered, "Go in peace; the God of Israel grant the petition you have made to him." And she said, "Let your servant find favor in your sight."[1 Samuel 1:13-18, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Are not our desires inseparably intertwined with the continuation of life? Even the idea of eliminating desire is fruitless. The desire to eliminate all desire is still itself a desire. How can we find release and peace by replacing one desire with another? Surely we shall find peace not by eliminating desire, but by finding its fulfillment and satisfaction in the One who created it.[Sadhu Sundar Singh]
Pray Together with Us:
O Lord Jesus, I will embrace you who became a little child for me. In my weakness I clasp you who became weak for me. A mere human, I embrace you who is God made human. You came a man as poor as I am, and you rode into Jerusalem seated on a humble donkey. I embrace you, O Lord, because your lowliness is my greatness, your weakness is my strength, your foolishness is my wisdom.[Aelred of Rievaulx]
____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment