Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Soul Care New Every Morning for Monday, 3 August 2015 "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" from The Global Church of the Nazarene's Office of Clergy Development in Lenexa, Kansas, United States

Soul Care New Every Morning for Monday, 3 August 2015 "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" from The Global Church of the Nazarene's Office of Clergy Development in Lenexa, Kansas, United States

Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." So Paul stayed in Corinth for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.[Acts 18:9-11, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.[William Faulkner]
Pray Together with Us:
Lord God, open my heart and pour into it the grace of your Holy Spirit. By this grace may I always seek to do what is pleasing to you; may my thoughts always reflect your thoughts; and may my affections be solely directed towards the unending joys of heaven. Thus may I on earth fulfill your commandments, that I may be worthy of your everlasting reward.[Bede]
____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment