Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The God Pause Daily Devotional - The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Tuesday, 27 March 2018 - Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24

The God Pause Daily Devotional - The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Tuesday, 27 March 2018 - Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24
Psalm 118:
1 Give thanks to Adonai; for he is good,
for his grace continues forever.
2 Now let Isra’el say,
“His grace continues forever.”
14 Yah is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation.
15 The sound of rejoicing and victory
is heard in the tents of the righteous:
“Adonai’s right hand struck powerfully!
16 Adonai’s right hand is raised in triumph!
Adonai’s right hand struck powerfully!”
17 I will not die; no, I will live
and proclaim the great deeds of Yah!
18 Yah disciplined me severely,
but did not hand me over to death.
19 Open the gates of righteousness for me;
I will enter them and thank Yah.
20 This is the gate of Adonai;
the righteous can enter it.
21 I am thanking you because you answered me;
you became my salvation.
22 The very rock that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone!
23 This has come from Adonai,
and in our eyes it is amazing.
24 This is the day Adonai has made,
a day for us to rejoice and be glad. (Complete Jewish Bible)
***
"How was your day?" "Oh, it was nothing special. Kind of boring and ordinary, just like the rest." How often have you come home and said such a thing to your loved ones?
But this day, just like all the other days, was created by God for our use and our enjoyment. So how can we treat it in such an off-hand manner? Every day is a new creation, made fresh by God. In it we have the chance to praise God and to relish the company of our family, friends and neighbors. This day we have the chance to be
about God's work, to witness to the glory of God and to be little Christs to one another. This is a day to rejoice--rejoice in the goodness and the glory of God--and to be
glad for yet another day to live for the God who has made us.
Lord, create in us a joyful heart that we may rejoice in all the days you give us. Amen.
Mark Granquist
Associate Professor of Church History, Luther Seminary
Psalm 118:
1 O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever!
2 Let Israel say, "His steadfast love endures forever."
14 The Lord is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.
15 There are glad songs of victory in the tents of the righteous: "The right hand of the Lord does valiantly;
16 the right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord does valiantly."
17 I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the Lord.
18 The Lord has punished me severely, but he did not give me over to death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord; the righteous shall enter through it.
21 I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.
22 The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
 (New Revised Standard Version)

The Luther Seminary


***

No comments:

Post a Comment