Sunday, March 25, 2018

"Weak or Strong" for Sunday, 25 March 2018 - gotandem

"Weak or Strong" for Sunday, 25 March 2018 - gotandem
Read

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
Reflect
In America, we tend to chase the ideal of the self-made man. It's the American Dream, after all. Picking yourself up by your bootstraps and accomplishing something great all by yourself. And that actually flies in the face of what God is saying.
He's saying we can't do it all by ourselves. We need God. And we need to pull our perspective out. The most powerful world leader can order the death of thousands. God can obliterate the world. The most powerful judge can declare a man innocent. God covers us with his blood and makes us innocent. The most powerful engineer can construct a bridge, road, building, car, spacecraft...God created everything down to the smallest atoms of the smallest molecules used to make a nail. God is powerful. And yet, I still think that I am the powerful one.
Instead, I need to focus on how I'm not enough. How my sins have made it so I'm not worthy of God. But that God stepped in for me, took my place and covered me with his blood so that I might be made right with him. I need to focus on the fact that everything that I do is a result of what God has done. I need to focus on my weakness so I can magnify God's strength. This is what I need to start doing.
And I need to start doing it today.
Respond
Take some time to focus on how your weakness can magnify God's strength.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment