Saturday, November 30, 2013

Daily Scripture – Saturday, 30 November 2013 – Devotion – “STOP AND CONSIDER GOD'S WONDERS”

Daily Scripture – Saturday, 30 November 2013 – Devotion – “STOP AND CONSIDER GOD'S WONDERS”
SCRIPTURE: ...Stop and consider the wondrous works of God. - JOB 37:14
While this partial verse from the Book of Job isn't generally considered an Advent Text, it got my attention as I contemplated the beginning of this sacred season, and that's what I've begun to do, and also promised myself I would continue doing throughout Advent. Will you join me, as together we "Stop and Consider God's Wonders?"
As a child, I remember "wonder-filled" moments snow sledding on the hills on our farm on a full moon night - magical.  I remember bonfires on thickly frozen ponds and ice skating with our MYF group, hot chocolate and more - awesome. 
Christmas was different from every other day of the year.  We would all get up around 4:30 am, go out to the barn; some would milk the cows, others would do the chores, then rush in for breakfast and then lining up, youngest to oldest to go into the fire place room, open our stockings hanging on the mantle, and then to the living room and the Christmas tree and presents.
I didn't know until many years later just how much Mom and Dad scrimped and saved to make those mornings magical for us.  Oh my, how I miss them!  But the "inheritance" of wonder and Faith they gave continues as Jan and I have passed these along to ours and they to theirs and on it goes.
PRAYER: But it is in the stopping now and considering that God's wonders become ever new and fresh and real.  Stop, won't you, right now, and consider - consider God's wonders to you. AMEN.
Dan Johnson
SENIOR PASTOR
TRINITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
-------
Trinity United Methodist Church
4000 NW 53rd Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32653 United States
(352)376-6615
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment