Monday, August 31, 2015

The Word among Us: A Catholic Devotional based on the Daily Mass Reading & Meditation for Tuesday, 1 September 2015

The Word among Us: A Catholic Devotional based on the Daily Mass Reading & Meditation for Tuesday, 1 September 2015
Meditation: Psalm 27:(0) By David:
(1) Adonai is my light and salvation;
whom do I need to fear?
Adonai is the stronghold of my life;
of whom should I be afraid?
4 Just one thing have I asked of Adonai;
only this will I seek:
to live in the house of Adonai
all the days of my life,
to see the beauty of Adonai
and visit in his temple.
13 If I hadn’t believed that I would see
Adonai’s goodness in the land of the living, . . .
14 Put your hope in Adonai, be strong,
and let your heart take courage!
Yes, put your hope in Adonai!
22nd Week in Ordinary Time
The Lord is my light and my salvation. (Psalm 27:1)
From times tables to song lyrics to addresses and phone numbers, we learn so many things by rote. In fact, if you say or think something often enough, it will become ingrained in your memory—even statements about who you are and what life is about. So consider what might happen if you made the decision to repeat godly truths over and over again. Try it today, starting with “The Lord is my light” and “The Lord is my refuge.”
The Lord is my light. He shows me what to do. He gives me direction and lights the path when the way seems dark. His light can shine in my heart, offering wisdom when I’m not sure what to do. He gives me understanding and a heavenly perspective. When I feel too confused or afraid to move ahead, he can show me how to proceed.
The Lord is my refuge. I can run to him for safekeeping and strength. He is my strength when I feel too weak to keep on caring or when I don’t want to get out of bed in the morning. He will help me when the call of raising godly children or persevering in prayer seems too demanding. He keeps me safe amid hostility and opposition.
The Lord is my strength. I can exercise, finish rehab, or endure chemotherapy. When I need to repent, forgive, or simply bide my time, he is there with his own courage and power to help me.
When the shadow of fear or defeat threatens to spread itself over you, shout it out, “The Lord is my light!” When fear grips you or weakness overtakes you, declare it, “The Lord is my strength!” Whenever you hear yourself say or think, “I can’t,” “I don’t know how,” or “I give up,” just repeat this glorious verse: “The Lord is my light and my salvation… . The Lord is my life’s refuge (Psalm 27:1, 2).”
“Lord, you are my light and the strength of my life. With your help today, I will live in your light and strength.” Amen!
1 Thessalonians 5:1 But you have no need to have anything written to you, brothers, about the times and dates when this will happen; 2 because you yourselves well know that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people are saying, “Everything is so peaceful and secure,” then destruction will suddenly come upon them, the way labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and there is no way they will escape.
4 But you, brothers, are not in the dark, so that the Day should take you by surprise like a thief; 5 for you are all people who belong to the light, who belong to the day. We don’t belong to the night or to darkness, 6 so let’s not be asleep, like the rest are; on the contrary, let us stay alert and sober.
9 For God has not intended that we should experience his fury, but that we should gain deliverance through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, 10 who died on our behalf so that whether we are alive or dead, we may live along with him. 11 Therefore, encourage each other, and build each other up — just as you are doing.
Luke 4:31 He went down to K’far-Nachum, a town in the Galil, and made a practice of teaching them on Shabbat. 32 They were amazed at the way he taught, because his word carried the ring of authority.
33 In the synagogue there was a man who had an unclean demonic spirit, who shouted in a loud voice, 34 “Yaah! What do you want with us, Yeshua from Natzeret? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!” 35 But Yeshua rebuked it: “Be quiet, and come out of him!” The demonic spirit threw the man down in the middle of the crowd and came out of him, having done him no harm. 36 They were all astounded and said to one another, “What kind of teaching is this? Why, he gives orders with power and authority to the unclean spirits, and they come out!” 37 And reports about him went out through the whole surrounding district.
_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment