Monday, February 22, 2016

Soul Care New Every Morning for Monday, 22 February 2016 of The Global Church of the Nazarene's Office of Clergy Development of Lenexa, Kansas, United States "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3:23.

Soul Care New Every Morning for Monday, 22 February 2016 of The Global Church of the Nazarene's Office of Clergy Development of Lenexa, Kansas, United States "
[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! 
How great your faithfulness!
" Lamentations 3:23.

Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
O give thanks to the Lord, call on his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples.
Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wonderful works.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually.
Remember the wonderful works he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he has uttered,
O offspring of his servant Abraham,
children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
[Psalm 105:1-6, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
You made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in You.[Augustine]
Pray Together with Us:
As the rain hides the stars, as the autumn mist hides the hills, as the clouds veil the blue of the sky, so the dark happenings of my lot hide the shining of your face from me. Yet, if I may hold your hand in the darkness, it is enough. Since I know that, though I may stumble in my going, you do not fail.[Gaelic Prayer]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Brothers and sisters, join in imitating me, and observe those who live according to the example you have in us. For many live as enemies of the cross of Christ; I have often told you of them, and now I tell you even with tears. Their end is destruction; their god is the belly; and their glory is in their shame; their minds are set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven, and it is from there that we are expecting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.[Philippians 3:17-20, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Don't worry about being effective. Just concentrate on being faithful to the truth.[Dorothy Day]
Pray Together with Us:
O Lord Jesus Christ, who humbled yourself to become man, and to be born into the world for our salvation; teach us the grace of humility, root out of our hearts all pride and haughtiness, and so fashion us after your holy likeness in this world, that in the world to come we may be made like you; for your own Name's and mercies' sake.[
Bishop Howe]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
    of whom shall I be afraid?
When evildoers assail me
    to devour my flesh—
my adversaries and foes—
    they shall stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
    my heart shall not fear;
though war rise up against me,
    yet I will be confident.
One thing I asked of the Lord,
    that will I seek after:
to live in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord,
    and to inquire in his temple.[Psalm 27:1-4, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
If there is anywhere on earth a lover of God who is always kept safe, I know nothing of it, for it was not shown to me. But this was shown: that in falling and rising again we are always kept in that same precious love.[Julian of Norwich]
Pray Together with Us:
Almighty God, the hour of your glory has come; look mercifully upon me and deliver me from this great misfortune. In you I place my hopes, for alone I am helpless and as nothing. Help me, O God, and deliver me from fear.[
Russian prayer]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Be on guard so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of this life, and that day does not catch you unexpectedly, like a trap. For it will come upon all who live on the face of the whole earth. Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.[Luke 21:34-36, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything.[Ernest Hemingway]
Pray Together with Us:
I do not know, O God,
What is there in store for me.
Only let me have your grace
To live with your blessing.[
Tamil]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Then the angel of the Lord assured Joshua, saying "Thus says the Lord of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here.[Zechariah 3:6-7, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
The more humble and obedient to God a man is, the more wise and at peace he will be in all that he does.[Thomas a Kempis]
Pray Together with Us:
God be with you in every pass,
Jesus be with you on every hill,
Spirit be with you on every stream,
Headland and ridge and lawn;
Each sea and land, each moor and meadow,
Each lying down, each rising up,
In the trough of the waves, on the crest of the billows,
Each step of the journey you go.[
Celtic prayer]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Now by this we may be sure that we know him, if we obey his commandments. Whoever says, "I have come to know him," but does not obey his commandments, is a liar, and in such a person the truth does not exist; but whoever obeys his word, truly in this person the love of God has reached perfection. By this we may be sure that we are in him: whoever says, "I abide in him," ought to walk just as he walked.[1 John 2:3-6, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depended on one person's seemingly small act of obedience! Rest assured: Do what God tells you to do now, and, depend upon it, you will be shown what to do next.[Elisabeth Elliot]
Pray Together with Us:
Let us make our way together, Lord;
wherever you go
I must go:
and through whatever you pass,
there too I will pass.[
Teresa of Avila]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.[Philippians 4:6-7, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.[Corrie ten Boom]
Pray Together with Us:
I lean myself
     Upon the 
Crucified Lord.
What more can
     Fall on me
Than fell on him,
And broke him not?
     Yet broken bread
For broken world.
A bruised reed
     He will not break
On him I'll lean,
And from the depths
     of his great pain
I'll strength regain.[
John McNally]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.[Philippians 3:13-14, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Suppose our failures occur, not in spite of what we are doing, but precisely because of it.[Dallas Willard]
Pray Together with Us:
Lord,
in the Garden of Gethsemane
you shared with everyone
who has ever been afraid.
You conquered fear with love
and returned saying,
"Do not be afraid."
In the light of your love
death has lost its sting
and so has fear.
Lord, may your love
be the key that releases me
from fear.[
Frank Topping]
---------------------
Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.[Hebrews 12:1-2, NRSV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
There is a beautiful transparency to honest disciples who never wear a false face and do not pretend to be anything but who they are.[Brennan Manning]
Pray Together with Us:
Thanks to you, ever, O gentle Christ, that you have raised me freely from the black and from the darkness of last night, to the kindly light of this day.[
Celtic Prayer]
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment