Monday, August 29, 2016

gotandem "Pleasing God" for Monday, 29 August 2016

gotandem "Pleasing God" for Monday, 29 August 2016
Read
As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”
But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
(Luke 10:38-42)
Reflect
The more I think about pleasing God, the more I realize that actions don’t really matter. I mean, they do, but Christ is much more interested in his relationship with us than how much community service I've done this year. Now obviously my actions are important, but if my actions don’t have their roots in a relationship with Jesus...then what use are they?
Respond
Take this week to discover how much you have pursued a relationship with Christ in the past year.
View this message in goTandem
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment