Friday, November 28, 2014

Trinity United Methodist Church Daily Scripture Email Devotion for Friday, 28 November 2014 "How my life was changed"

Trinity United Methodist Church Daily Scripture Email Devotion for Friday, 28 November 2014 "How my life was changed"
This is a DSE that was submitted by one of our Trinity members to be included in the "Change" series, but was inadvertently left out, but is now included, with appreciation.
Then Jesus said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the One who sent me."(Luke 9:48)
After years of public high school during which most of the teachers, especially in math and physics, tried to insult and downgrade me(and some other pupils), I wanted to quit school and then become a cabinet maker. My parents were shocked and posthaste enrolled me into a private school. The teachers at this new  school encouraged students to think independently and creatively which had been a no-no in my old school. Various arts and crafts and music were important too. This school tried to give an all-around education in a very positive atmosphere. 
The math and science teacher at this private school recognized and appreciated not only my capabilities in these fields but also my special skills to explain complicated issues to my fellow students. My physics teacher even asked me to tutor his own daughter in preparation for her final exams.
All this gave me trust in my capabilities and made me enjoy teaching. After high school I decided to study physics and later became a university professor whose students loved and respect me for my concerns for them and awaken in them the same joy for science.
The atmosphere at the school my parents chose and the special way of teaching have changed my life from being a mistreated and almost hopeless youngster into a very capable, happy and self confident scientist.
I also believe that I have been blessed with opportunities to change the lives of many students for the better.
Anonymous.
-- 
-- 
Welcome to the new Trinity United Methodist Church's Daily Scripture Email system.
______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment