Friday, April 29, 2016

The Henri Nouwen Society from Toronto, Ontario, Canada DAILY MEDITATION with Father Henri J. M. Nouwen "Making Our Lives Available to Others" for Friday, 29 April 2016

The Henri Nouwen Society from Toronto, Ontario, Canada
DAILY MEDITATION with Father Henri J. M. Nouwen "Making Our Lives Available to Others" for Friday, 29 April 2016

Photo courtesy of SDGimagery.com
One of the arguments we often use for not writing is this: "I have nothing original to say. Whatever I might say, someone else has already said it, and better than I will ever be able to." This, however, is not a good argument for not writing. Each human person is unique and original, and nobody has lived what we have lived. Furthermore, what we have lived, we have lived not just for ourselves but for others as well. Writing can be a very creative and invigorating way to make our lives available to ourselves and to others.
We have to trust that our stories deserve to be told. We may discover that the better we tell our stories the better we will want to live them.

For further reflection...
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.
"Oh God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."
[Psalm 63: 1, 3, 6-8 (NIV)]
Your response...
How do you make yourself available to God and others? Your life­-story deserves to be told.

Continue the Inspiration
Purchase your copy of Henri Nouwen's book "A Cry for Mercy".
Visit our Bookstore:
United States
United Kingdom
Consider our monthly giving program to sustain the ability to extend Henri's legacy and make his work available to those who seek spiritual formation and nourishment. Click here to sign up today.
Way of the Heart Conference is coming June 9-11. Book your tickets now!
LEARN MORE

Text excerpts taken from Bread for the Journey, by Henri J.M. Nouwen, ©1997 HarperSanFrancisco. All Scripture from The Jerusalem Bible ©1966, 1967, and 1968 Darton, Longman & Todd and Doubleday & Co. Inc. Scripture chosen by L. Yeskoo.
STAY CONNECTED:

Henri Nouwen Society
95 Saint Joseph Street, Room 214
Toronto, Ontario M5S 2R9, Canada
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment