Sunday, November 25, 2018

The God Pause Daily Devotional from The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Monday, 26 November 2018 Jeremiah 33:14-16

The God Pause Daily Devotional from The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Monday, 26 November 2018 Jeremiah 33:14-16
Jeremiah 33:14 “Here, the days are coming,” says Adonai, “when I will fulfill this good promise which I have proclaimed for the house of Isra’el and the house of Y’hudah.
15 When those days come, at that time,
I will cause to spring up for David
a Branch of Righteousness.
He will do what is just and right in the land.
16 When those days come, Y’hudah will be saved,
Yerushalayim will live in safety,
and the name given to her will be
Adonai Tzidkenu [Adonai our Righteousness].”
(Complete Jewish Bible).
"The Days Are Surely Coming"
Our twin 3-year-old granddaughters and I often tease one another about what's "my favorite." No, it's my favorite -- whether it is a color or an ice cream flavor -- whatever: "My favorite." "No, mine."
Advent is "my favorite" season of the church year. The emphasis on expectancy -- on watching and waiting -- helps to build my energy as the darkness increases. This year is especially important for me. Recently retired, I am struggling to make sense of my next step(s). I am also on hurry-up mode -- always looking for the shortest lane at the grocery store -- and yes, a yellow light for me does not mean slow down, but rather speed up.
I need Advent, desperately, to slow down, to catch my breath, and to watch and wait patiently. Jeremiah's words ring true: "The days are surely coming." A new shoot will emerge -- new life is God's promise even in the midst of exile. God remains faithful in the most discouraging times. The righteous branch offers the promise and hope of God's justice. We receive these words as good news, hopeful news, as we enter this season of Advent (my favorite!).
Righteous God, prepare our hearts and minds for your involvement in our world as we draw hope from the promise that "the days are surely coming." In your name we pray. Amen.
Paul A. Herpich, '08
Retired, Liverpool, N.Y.
Jeremiah 33:
14 The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David; and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
16 In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety. And this is the name by which it will be called: "The Lord is our righteousness."
(New Revised Standard Version).
THE LUTHER SEMINARY ®
The Luther Seminary
2481 Como Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108, United States
***

7 comments:

  1. If you want to get information about the job notification, exam and interview dates, and Sarkari Result. you will get many websites of the Government of India. You can easily find out the result for any Government examination.
    dfccil sarkari result |
    navy mr admit card 2019 sarkari result |
    rajasva nirikshak admit card |
    ssc chsl 2019 sarkari result |
    uppsc upper subordinate 2016 answer key |
    cpo sarkari result |
    shiksha mitra second semester exam result |
    kvs admit card sarkari result |
    sarkari result up iti |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming article @ Packers And Movers Mumbai

    Packers And Movers Mumbai to Chandigarh
    Packers And Movers Mumbai to Patna
    Packers And Movers Mumbai to Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog. @ Packers And Movers Pune

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your website very much thanks for your share. all the imformation are useful for me,I will come again.Please visit here:Packers and Movers Delhi Local Shifting Relocation and Top Movers And Packers Delhi. Best Household Charges @ Packers And Movers Greater Noida

    ReplyDelete