Sunday, March 30, 2014

DAY 7 OF 40 - Better Together Through Prayer And The Word

DAY 7 OF 40 - Better Together Through Prayer And The Word
Nehemiah 2:16-18
16 And the officials did not know where I had gone or what I was doing, and I had not yet told the Jews, the priests, the nobles, the officials, and the rest who were to do the work. 17 Then I said to them, "You see the trouble we are in, how Jerusalem lies in ruins with its gates burned. Come, let us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may no longer suffer derision." 18 And I told them of the hand of my God that had been upon me for good, and also of the words that the king had spoken to me. And they said, "Let us rise up and build." So they strengthened their hands for the good work.
DAY 7 – NOW IS THE TIME – READY, SET, GO!
Nehemiah has not shared what God had put in his heart to do for Jerusalem. But the time has come. It is time to “spill the beans!”
SCRIPTURE: Nehemiah 2:16 The rulers didn’t know where I went, or what I did; neither had I as yet told it to the Jews, nor to the priests, nor to the nobles, nor to the rulers, nor to the rest who did the work. 17 Then I said to them, “You see the evil case that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire. Come, let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we won’t be disgraced.” 18 I told them of the hand of my God which was good on me, as also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me.
They said, “Let’s rise up and build.” So they strengthened their hands for the good work.
Nehemiah brings together the workers that God has chosen…officials, the Jews, the priests, the nobles, and any others that would be doing the work. He lays out the need that he saw with his own eyes…Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been burned with fire. He tells them what God has put in his heart to do…Let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem. He reveals to them an important positive reaction…we will no longer be in disgrace.
Nehemiah could have stopped here in telling the workers what God had put in his heart to do for Jerusalem. If he had though, he would have left out the most important reason for them to begin rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem. It was not a man project. It was a God project. I also told them about the gracious hand of my God upon me, Nehemiah said.
I can just feel the lift that Nehemiah’s words gave the workers that day. Yes, it was a massive task. But…What then shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31b) With God, WE CAN DO THIS!
LIFE APPLICATION: 1) What “God project” has He put in your heart to do for Him?
2) What worker(s) has he placed around you to help accomplish the task? 3) Is it time to reveal “the God project” to the worker(s)? 4) READY…SET…GO!
___________________

No comments:

Post a Comment