Monday, May 30, 2016

"Meditation – 60 Days of Prayer" for Wednesday, 25 May 2016 from The Upper Room in Nashville, Tennessee, United States

"Meditation – 60 Days of Prayer" for Wednesday, 25 May 2016 from The Upper Room in Nashville, Tennessee, United States


WEDNESDAY, MAY 25
READ ISAIAH 55:1-9
ISAIAH 55:1 “All you who are thirsty, come to the water!
You without money, come, buy, and eat!
Yes, come! Buy wine and milk
without money — it’s free!
2 Why spend money for what isn’t food,
your wages for what doesn’t satisfy?
Listen carefully to me, and you will eat well,
you will enjoy the fat of the land.
3 Open your ears, and come to me;
listen well, and you will live —
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
the grace I assured David.
4 I have given him as a witness to the peoples,
a leader and lawgiver for the peoples.
5 You will summon a nation you do not know,
and a nation that doesn’t know you will run to you,
for the sake of Adonai your God,
the Holy One of Isra’el, who will glorify you.”
6 Seek Adonai while he is available,
call on him while he is still nearby.
7 Let the wicked person abandon his way
and the evil person his thoughts;
let him return to Adonai,
and he will have mercy on him;
let him return to our God,
for he will freely forgive.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
and your ways are not my ways,” says Adonai.
9 “As high as the sky is above the earth
are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
-------
O loving Christ who waits for us all to move forward, to change inward, to love outward.
Wait now with me as I long and learn to become more like you.
Guide me to wait with the lost, to stand with the weak, to have a heart for the brokenhearted. Amen.
Pray
for all who await news from runaways
for expectant parents
for wisdom
for gentleness toward yourself and others this day[Pamela C. Hawkins, From The Awkward Season]

Our mailing address is:
The Upper Room Strategic Initiatives
PO Box 340007
Nashville, Tennessee 37203, United States
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment