Monday, May 30, 2016

"Suffering" Deaf Devo from Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Wednesday, 25 May 2016

"Suffering" Deaf Devo from Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Wednesday, 25 May 2016

"Suffering"
Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 11:21b-29
2 Corinthians 11:21 To my shame, I must admit that we have been too “weak” to do such things!
But if anyone dares to boast about something — I’m talking like a fool! — I am just as daring. 22 Are they Hebrew-speakers? So am I. Are they of the people of Isra’el? So am I. Are they descendants of Avraham? So am I. 23 Are they servants of the Messiah? (I’m talking like a madman!) I’m a better one! I’ve worked much harder, been imprisoned more often, suffered more beatings, been near death over and over. 24 Five times I received “forty lashes less one” from the Jews. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. I spent a night and a day in the open sea. 26 In my many travels I have been exposed to danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the desert, danger at sea, danger from false brothers. 27 I have toiled and endured hardship, often not had enough sleep, been hungry and thirsty, frequently gone without food, been cold and naked. 28 And besides these external matters, there is the daily pressure of my anxious concern for all the congregations. 29 Who is weak without my sharing his weakness? Who falls into sin without my burning inside?
-------
When we read about Jesus' life on earth, we learn that He suffered a lot. Jesus was rejected and ridiculed, beaten and then killed on a cross.
In our Bible verses today, we read that Paul suffered many things, too. He said (verse 27), "I have done hard and tiring work, and many times I did not sleep. I have been hungry and thirsty. Many times I have been without food. I have been cold and without clothes." Paul also said that he suffered by caring so much for all the Christians in the churches he served.
1 Peter 2:21 says, "This is what you were chosen to do. Christ gave you an example to follow. He suffered for you. So you should do the same as he did." As Christians, we will face suffering, too. Maybe this suffering will be that people will make fun of us. Or maybe we will be killed because we are Christians.
Don't be ashamed of Jesus. Be willing to suffer for Him today![JD*]
"All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him from death. I want to share in his sufferings and be like him even in his death."[Philippians 3:10]
PRAYER: God, I am willing to suffer for You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment