Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Psalm 119 (14)" Bible Reading: Psalm 119:105-112 for Sunday, 27 November 2016


The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Psalm 119 (14)Bible Reading: Psalm 119:105-112 for Sunday, 27 November 2016
Psalm 119:נ (Nun)
105 Your word is a lamp for my foot
and light on my path.
106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
that I will observe your righteous rulings.
107 I am very much distressed;
Adonai, give me life, in keeping with your word.
108 Please accept my mouth’s voluntary offerings, Adonai;
and teach me your rulings.
109 I am continually taking my life in my hands,
yet I haven’t forgotten your Torah.
110 The wicked have set a trap for me,
yet I haven’t strayed from your precepts.
111 I take your instruction as a permanent heritage,
because it is the joy of my heart.
112 I have resolved to obey your laws
forever, at every step.
-------
Verse 108a of our Bible Reading says, "Lord, accept the praise I want to give you." This section of Psalm 119 lists many reasons for praising God.
Several years ago my husband died. It was a hard struggle for me to raise my sons. I suffered emotionally, and I also had many physical problems. Every day I would pray and ask God to help me with my problems. Then one day as I was praying, I stopped. I realized that I needed to praise God, too.
I had been so busy thinking about my problems that I had forgotten about the many things I could praise God for - my sons, Christians who encouraged me, people who prayed for me and most of all, God who took care of me every day!
As I started to spend more time praising God, I realized that my problems and pain were not as bad as before. Praising God encouraged and strengthened me!
Take time to praise God today![BH]
"I praise the Lord because he
is good. I praise the name of
the Lord Most High."[Psalm 7:17]

PRAYER: Dear Lord, You are always worthy of my praise and thanks. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment