Monday, November 28, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Training" Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:23-27 for Tuesday, 29 November 2016


The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "TrainingBible Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:23-27 for Tuesday, 29 November 2016
1 Corinthians 9:23 But I do it all because of the rewards promised by the Good News, so that I may share in them along with the others who come to trust. 24 Don’t you know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one wins the prize? So then, run to win! 25 Now every athlete in training submits himself to strict discipline, and he does it just to win a laurel wreath that will soon wither away. But we do it to win a crown that will last forever. 26 Accordingly, I don’t run aimlessly but straight for the finish line; I don’t shadow-box but try to make every punch count. 27 I treat my body hard and make it my slave so that, after proclaiming the Good News to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
-------
Every four years I watch the Olympics on TV. I am always amazed by all the training the athletes go through so that they can compete in the games. These men and women work very hard to get their bodies in the best shape possible. They each try to win a gold medal.
In our Bible Reading today, Paul talks about running a race and getting the prize. Paul says that athletes train and win a prize. This prize is "one that doesn't last. But our prize is one that will last forever" (verse 25b). What is this prize that will last forever? The prize is much better than a gold medal. It is eternal life with God!
Just as an athlete trains for the Olympics, Christians need to train themselves to have self-control and to be like Jesus. This training must happen every day. And they must not give up. They must keep focused on the prize of heaven.
Do you want to receive the prize of eternal life with God? Be like Jesus today![CS]
"You know that in a race all the runners run, but only one runner gets the prize. So run like that. Run to win!"[1 Corinthians 9:24]
PRAYER: Father, I pray that You will be with me today and help me be like Jesus. In His name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment