Monday, June 27, 2016

Deaf Devo in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Follow God's Word" for Monday, 27 June 2016

Deaf Devo in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Follow God's Word" for Monday, 27 June 2016
"Follow God's Word"
Bible Reading: Psalm 25:1-7
Psalm 25:(0) By David:
(1) I lift my inner being to you, Adonai;
2 I trust you, my God.
Don’t let me be disgraced,
don’t let my enemies gloat over me.
3 No one waiting for you will be disgraced;
disgrace awaits those who break faith for no reason.
4 Make me know your ways, Adonai,
teach me your paths.
5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me;
for you are the God who saves me,
my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember your compassion and grace, Adonai;
for these are ages old.
7 Don’t remember my youthful sins or transgressions;
but remember me according to your grace
for the sake of your goodness, Adonai.
-------
My stove has a self-cleaning oven. Recently I baked a peach pie in the oven, and some of the pie dripped onto the bottom of the oven. I decided it was time to clean my oven.
I started the cleaning cycle, but when it was finished, there was still peach pie stuck to the bottom of the oven. The next day I decided to try cleaning the oven again. This time I followed the instructions in my owner's manual. I realized that I had missed one important step in the cleaning process. When I followed the instructions carefully, I had a clean oven.
God has given us His instruction manual - the Bible. When we read His Word carefully and then apply His teachings to our lives, we will stay close to Him. We should be like the writer of Psalm 25. "Lord, help me learn your ways. Show me how you want me to live. Guide me and teach me your truths" (verses 4-5a)
Be sure to read and follow God's Word today![NM]
"Lord, I put my life in your hands.
I trust in you, my God, and I will
not be disappointed."
[Psalm 25:1-2a]
PRAYER: God, thank You for the Bible. I want to follow it every day. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment