Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"God: 'I’m sorry I made you'” by Stephen M. Miller Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller. for Tuesday, 28 June 2016


"God: 'I’m sorry I made you'” by Stephen M. Miller
 "God: 'I’m sorry I made you'” by Stephen M. Miller Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller. for Tuesday, 28 June 2016

TICKED. God was not happy with the way humans evolved. After watching 10 generations, he decided on a do-over. Painting by Perin del Vaga, photo by Sailko, Wikimedia, CC3.
“GOD WAS SORRY that he made the human race in the first place” (Genesis 6:6 MSG).
Really?
Humans are such a disappointment that God says it was a mistake to create them?
If Moses wrote this book as part 1 of the first five books in the Bible, as ancient Jewish tradition says he did, then why did Moses later write,
“God is not a man… he does not change his mind” (Numbers 23:19)?
Some Bible experts argue that the two statements don’t clash. They say God wasn’t sorry in the sense that he was surprised and that he wished he could go back and uncreate humans.
Instead, he was sorry perhaps in the way parents might be bitterly disappointed and deeply hurt by terrible decisions their children make.
A parent might say, “I’m sorry I ever brought you into this world.” But Mom or Dad don’t mean that literally. It’s an exaggerated way of expressing extreme sorrow.
This is an excerpt from Steve’s new book, releasing July 1, 2016:
A Visual Walk Through Genesis, page 51.
For more about an angry God
Does God regret creating us?
The post God: “I’m sorry I made you” appeared first on Stephen M. Miller.

Recent Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment