Thursday, June 30, 2016

"President's eUpdate-Memories from the Acting President" Saint Paul School of Theology in Leawood, Kansas, United States for Wednesday, 29 June 2016


President's eUpdate
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
"President's eUpdate-Memories from the Acting President" Saint Paul School of Theology in Leawood, Kansas, United States for Wednesday, 29 June 2016
Dear Saint Paul Community,
I extend greetings from Saint Paul School of Theology, and in this case, I'm taking the opportunity to extend hope, gratitude, and farewell (in a modified sense).
My hope is that you've heard the wonderful news that Neil Blair
is returning to Saint Paul as our President. He begins his ministry with us on July 1, and I am delighted that he joins us in achieving the mission of the seminary. When I first came to the seminary in 1998, Neil was a fixture on the campus. As a public face of Saint Paul, I appreciated his enthusiasm for our community and the way he built external relationships to support our work. Neil's fundraising built a strong campus, but also facilitated quality theological education. His capacity to nurture deep and longstanding relationships is especially important now that we define ourselves as a seminary of intentional relationships.
With this eUpdate, I want to thank you for your kind words and support while I have been Acting President. The first week on the job was overwhelming, but these four months have been a great gift to me. I have gained an even stronger appreciation for the seminary that ranges from the dedication of staff and the tireless work of the Board to the innovations of the faculty, all of whom work extraordinarily hard because they believe in the seminary mission. 

I have gained a new sense of the Saint Paul future because of the fruits of the Strategic Planning Committee. Students have given me stories to tell about seminary and ministry, and their joy in the call to ministry or another vocation inspires me.
I experienced the most touching and sacred time of the year in celebrating commencements a
t the Church of the Resurrection and Oklahoma City University campuses. General Conference and four Annual Conferences let me reconnect with alumni/ae in meaningful ways, and hearing all the things happening in their lives and ministries let me know that Saint Paul has been and is called to a remarkable task in theological education.
As I find my way back to some faculty work and a new role with the seminary, I have no regrets and am not sad about the end of my work as Acting President because I have grown to love the seminary more dearly than ever through our home communities and wider friendships and connections.

Dr. Nancy R. Howell, Acting President
Saint Paul School of Theology
howellnr@spst.edu
___________________________________________
Special Events
Course of Study Graduation
August 4, 2016, 3:00 p.m.
Resurrection Wesley Covenant Chapel, Leawood, KS
Opening Convocation - Kansas Campus
August 23, 2016, 11:07 a.m.
Resurrection Wesley Covenant Chapel, Leawood, KS
Opening Convocation - Oklahoma Campus
August 30, 2016, 11:00 a.m.
Bishop W. Angie Smith Chapel, Oklahoma City, OK
For further information please contact:
Tracy Miller, tracy.miller@spst.edu
Register online: www.spst.edu/special-events
STAY IN TOUCH
Saint Paul: UM Church of the Resurrection
13720 Roe Avenue
Leawood, Kansas 66224, United States
(913) 253-5000
Saint Paul: Oklahoma City University
2501 North Blackwelder Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73106, United States
(405) 208-5757
Saint Paul School of Theology
4370 West 109th Street, SUITE 300
Overland Park, Kansas 66211, United States
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment