Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Deaf Devo in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Good Things" for Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Deaf Devo in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Good Things" for Wednesday, 29 June 2016
"Good Things"
Bible Reading: James 1:12-18
James 1:12 How blessed is the man who perseveres through temptation! For after he has passed the test, he will receive as his crown the Life which God has promised to those who love him. 13 No one being tempted should say, “I am being tempted by God.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, and God himself tempts no one. 14 Rather, each person is being tempted whenever he is being dragged off and enticed by the bait of his own desire. 15 Then, having conceived, the desire gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death. 16 Don’t delude yourselves, my dear brothers.
17 Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father who made the heavenly lights; with him there is neither variation nor darkness caused by turning. 18 Having made his decision, he gave birth to us through a Word that can be relied upon, in order that we should be a kind of firstfruits of all that he created.
-------
Today and tomorrow we will talk about things that we should be thankful for. Today we will talk about being thankful for the good things in our lives.
I have many, many blessings from God. I have a husband and daughter that I love. They are strong Christians. I have a great job at my church. I love to write, and I use this talent to write for the Lord.
Verse 17a of our Bible Reading says, "Everything good comes from God. Every perfect gift is from him." I know that all the good things in my life are gifts from God.
God will give you good things in your life, too. Verse 12a tells us, "Great blessings belong to those who are tempted and remain faithful! After they have proved their faith, God will give them the reward of eternal life. God promised this to all people who love him." If we faithfully serve God, He will give us good things in our lives.
Take time today to thank God for all the good things He has given to you. -GT
"You are my Lord. Every good thing
I have comes from you."
[Psalm 16:2b]
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, thank You for good things. You are wonderful! In Jesus' name. Amen.
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment