Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Our Lighthouse" by Tara Beth Leach for Tuesday, 31 January 2017 with Scripture: Titus 3:1-8

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Our Lighthouse" by Tara Beth Leach for Tuesday, 31 January 2017 with Scripture: Titus 3:1-8
-------
"Our Lighthouse" by Tara Beth Leach
Titus 3:1 Remind people to submit to the government and its officials, to obey them, to be ready to do any honorable kind of work, 2 to slander no one, to avoid quarrelling, to be friendly, and to behave gently towards everyone.
3 For at one time, we too were foolish and disobedient, deceived and enslaved by a variety of passions and pleasures. We spent our lives in evil and envy; people hated us, and we hated each other. 4 But when the kindness and love for mankind of God our Deliverer was revealed, 5 he delivered us. It was not on the ground of any righteous deeds we had done, but on the ground of his own mercy. He did it by means of the mikveh of rebirth and the renewal brought about by the Ruach HaKodesh, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Yeshua the Messiah, our Deliverer. 7 He did it so that by his grace we might come to be considered righteous by God and become heirs, with the certain hope of eternal life. 8 You can trust what I have just said, and I want you to speak with confidence about these things, so that those who have put their trust in God may apply themselves to doing good deeds. These are both good in themselves and valuable to the community.
-------
Sometimes it is easy to view the Christian life as a solo experience. It’s not all too difficult to become overly focused on our own walk and forget about our brothers and sisters in Christ. Even more so, we often forget how our actions impact those around us. When we choose not to love our neighbor, the world takes note. When we choose not to care for the widow, the orphan, and the alien, the world notices. We are reminded by the words of Jesus that as His disciples, we are the “light of the world” (Matthew 5:14). Even when we don’t fully realize it, the world is watching us (the church). The world sees when we hide the light and when we don’t devote ourselves to doing what is good. When we shine our light, by trusting in God and devoting ourselves to doing what is good, the world sees the one and true Light, King Jesus, in our lives. Decide today to relentlessly trust in Jesus and devote to doing what is good–by the propelling power of the Holy Spirit–so that our God’s name might be glorified in you.-------
Hymn for Today: "I Want To Be Like Jesus" by Thomas O. Chisholm
1. I have one deep, supreme desire -
That I may be like Jesus.
To this I fervently aspire -
That I may be like Jesus.
I want my heart His throne to be,
So that a watching world may see
His likeness shining forth in me.
I want to be like Jesus.
2. He spent His life in doing good;
I want to be like Jesus.
In lowly paths of service trod;
I want to be like Jesus.
He sympathized with hearts distressed,
He spoke the words that cheered and blessed,
He welcomed sinners to His breast,
I want to be like Jesus.
3. A holy, harmless life He led;
I want to be like Jesus.
The Father’s will - His drink and bread;
I want to be like Jesus.
And when at last He comes to die,
“Forgive them, Father,” hear Him cry
For those who taunt and crucify.
I want to be like Jesus.
4. Oh, perfect life of Christ, my Lord!
I want to be like Jesus.
My recompense and my reward -
That I may be like Jesus.
His Spirit fill my hung’ring soul,
His power all my life control.
My deepest prayer, my highest goal -
That I may be like Jesus.
-------
Thought for Today: Ephesians 5:8 For you used to be darkness; but now, united with the Lord, you are light. Live like children of light,
-------
Please Pray: That many people in Romania will come to know Yeshua the Messiah and receive the fullness of the Ruach HaKodesh.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment