Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Upper Room Daily Devotional from The United Methodist Church of Nashville, Tennessee, United States for Saturday, 25 November 2017 "Regaining Trust" by Rayna Zhong (North Carolina) - Psalm 119:9-16

The Upper Room Daily Devotional from The United Methodist Church of Nashville, Tennessee, United States for Saturday, 25 November 2017 "Regaining Trust" by Rayna Zhong (North Carolina) - Psalm 119:9-16
-------

DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2017 
How can young people keep their way pure? By guarding it according to your word. (Psalm 119:9 (NRSV))
I am a teenager and an international student from China living with a host family in the United States. Recently I made a huge mistake and lost my host family’s trust. When I admitted my mistake, I accepted my punishment.
For two months I was not allowed to participate in activities I enjoyed outside of school. That was a rough time, and I prayed to God for forgiveness. I prayed for God to guide me through my punishment and to help me regain the trust of my friends and family. At the end of those two months, my host family decided to give me a second chance at being a responsible member of the household.
I have learned that if we open our hearts, God will speak to us and guide us. God will strengthen us through any struggle and will always forgive our misdoings. Psalm 119:9 reminds me that when we focus on the ways of God, especially the command to love one another, then we can walk the path toward becoming the people God created us to be.
TODAY'S PRAYER:
Loving God, lead us in your paths of goodness and truth. When we falter, we trust your forgiving grace to offer us a fresh start. Amen.* * *
TODAY'S READING: Psalm 119:9-16
Psalm 119:ב (Bet)
9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
don’t let me stray from your mitzvot.
11 I treasure your word in my heart,
so that I won’t sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, Adonai!
Teach me your laws.
13 I proclaim with my mouth
all the rulings you have spoken.
14 I rejoice in the way of your instruction
more than in any kind of wealth.
15 I will meditate on your precepts
and keep my eyes on your ways.
16 I will find my delight in your regulations.
I will not forget your word.
---
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s forgiveness offers us a way through any struggle.
PRAYER FOCUS:
Exchange students
The Upper Room®
Copyright © The Upper Room 2017, All rights reserved.
Header Photo Credit: "Harvested Land," Beth Shumate. August 15, 2014. (link)
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment