Saturday, February 4, 2017

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Turn Your Eyes" by Tara Beth Leach for Saturday, 4 February 2017 with Scripture: Psalm 25:1-15

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Turn Your Eyes" by Tara Beth Leach for Saturday, 4 February 2017 with Scripture: Psalm 25:1-15
-------
"Turn Your Eyes" by Tara Beth Leach
Psalm 25: (0) By David:
(1) I lift my inner being to you, Adonai;
2 I trust you, my God.
Don’t let me be disgraced,
don’t let my enemies gloat over me.
3 No one waiting for you will be disgraced;
disgrace awaits those who break faith for no reason.
4 Make me know your ways, Adonai,
teach me your paths.
5 Guide me in your truth, and teach me;
for you are the God who saves me,
my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember your compassion and grace, Adonai;
for these are ages old.
7 Don’t remember my youthful sins or transgressions;
but remember me according to your grace
for the sake of your goodness, Adonai.
8 Adonai is good, and he is fair;
this is why he teaches sinners the way [to live],
9 leads the humble to do what is right
and teaches the humble [to live] his way.
10 All Adonai’s paths are grace and truth
to those who keep his covenant and instructions.
11 For the sake of your name, Adonai,
forgive my wickedness, great though it is.
12 Who is the person who fears Adonai?
He will teach him the way to choose.
13 He will remain prosperous,
and his descendants will inherit the land.
14 Adonai relates intimately with those who fear him;
he makes them know his covenant.
15 My eyes are always directed toward Adonai,
for he will free my feet from the net.
-------
God never promised an easy life for His people. In fact, He guarantees difficult times: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
Just as the captain of a ship seeks a lighthouse to bring the ship safely back to shore, the Light of the World shines in the darkness and over troubled seas. He beckons His people to follow Him through the storms and even on the mountaintops. Much like Peter, it’s easy to focus only on the waves instead of keeping our eyes on Jesus (see Matthew 14:28-32). It’s a daily intentional choice to turn our eyes to the one and true Light. He is Peace in our troubled seas and He promises to never leave us. When our gaze is constantly on the storm and the waves, we experience fear. But, when our gaze is constantly on Jesus, we experience the peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). Today, choose to turn your eyes to King Jesus and trust in His daily leading and provision.
-------
Hymn for Today: "Be Still, My Soul" by Katharina von Schlegel; translated by Jane L. Borthwick
1. Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide,
who through all changes faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
2. Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
to guide the future surely as the past. 
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
his voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
3. Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord;
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
-------
Thought for Today: Hebrews 12:1 So then, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us, too, put aside every impediment — that is, the sin which easily hampers our forward movement — and keep running with endurance in the contest set before us, 2 looking away to the Initiator and Completer of that trusting,[Hebrews 12:2 Habakkuk 2:4] Yeshua — who, in exchange for obtaining the joy set before him, endured execution on a stake as a criminal, scorning the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.[Hebrews 12:2 Psalm 110:1]
-------
Please Pray: That many people in Spain will come to know Yeshua the Messiah and receive the fullness of the Ruach HaKodesh.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment