Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Giving" Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 9:6-9 for Saturday, 11 February 2017

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "GivingBible Reading: 2 Corinthians 9:6-9 for Saturday, 11 February 2017
2 Corinthians 9:6 Here’s the point: he who plants sparingly also harvests sparingly. 7 Each should give according to what he has decided in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.[2 Corinthians 9:7 Proverbs 22:8 (Septuagint)] 8 Moreover, God has the power to provide you with every gracious gift in abundance, so that always in every way you will have all you need yourselves and be able to provide abundantly for every good cause — 9 as the Tanakh says,
“He gave generously to the poor;
his tzedakah lasts forever.”[2 Corinthians 9:9 Psalm 112:9 ]
-------
Have you ever felt really, really happy? Some people would say that you felt like you were "on top of the world." 
I felt that way the other day. My friend and I went downtown to buy coffee. Outside the coffee shop was a man who was asking for money. He held a sign that said, "Anything will help!" That's when I started making a plan. When I placed my order, I also ordered a hot chocolate and a warm bagel. On the hot chocolate cup I wrote, "Jesus loves you!" As I left the shop, I gave the cocoa and bagel to the man. He smiled as he read the words on the cup. 
At that moment, I was very happy. I was happy because I was able to give something to someone else. Verse 7 of our Bible Reading tells us, "Each one of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give...God loves those who are happy to give." 
Do something nice for someone today! God will bless you, and you will feel happy.[Brianna McCance]
"God will make you rich in every way so that you can always give freely."[2 Corinthians 9:11a]

PRAYER: Father, You have blessed me with so many good things. Help me to bless others today. In Jesus' name. Amen. 
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment