Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Books of Law " Bible Reading: Exodus 19:1-6 for Tuesday, 7 February 2017

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Books of Law Bible Reading: Exodus 19:1-6  for Tuesday, 7 February 2017
Exodus 19:1 (iv) In the third month after the people of Isra’el had left the land of Egypt, the same day they came to the Sinai Desert. 2 After setting out from Refidim and arriving at the Sinai Desert, they set up camp in the desert; there in front of the mountain, Isra’el set up camp.
3 Moshe went up to God, and Adonai called to him from the mountain: “Here is what you are to say to the household of Ya‘akov, to tell the people of Isra’el: 4 ‘You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you will pay careful attention to what I say and keep my covenant, then you will be my own treasure from among all the peoples, for all the earth is mine; 6 and you will be a kingdom of cohanim for me, a nation set apart.’ These are the words you are to speak to the people of Isra’el.”
-------
The first five books of the Old Testament are books of law. They contain the laws that God gave His people. Our Bible verses today tell us about the laws that God gave to Moses. The Jews call these five books the Torah. And some people today call these books the Pentateuch or the books of Moses. 
These books contain many wonderful stories - the creation of the world, the flood, the freeing of the Israelites from slavery and the Israelites traveling to the land God promised them. Many familiar Bible characters are found in these books - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph and Moses. 
I encourage you to read through these five Old Testament books. They will help you learn more about God and how much He loves you. Studying these books will also help you understand many things you read in the New Testament. 
Thank God today for His Word. Allow Him to speak to you through the Bible.[Jo Krueger]
"So now I tell you to obey my commands and keep my agreement. So if you do this, you will be my own special people."[Exodus 19:5a]

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, please give me wisdom, and help me to read and understand Your Word. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment