Saturday, February 4, 2017

"The God Pause Daily Devotional" from The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Sunday, 5 February 2017 “Blessed Assurance” (ELW 638)

"The God Pause Daily Devotional" from The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Sunday, 5 February 2017 “Blessed Assurance” (ELW 638)
-------

“Blessed Assurance” (ELW 638)
1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior, all the day long:
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior, all the day long:
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
3. Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior, all the day long:
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
-------
Why do you believe in God? What is your God story? Sometimes it seems that we forget the fact that God is amazing! Think for just a bit about who God is for you. Can you articulate it--if someone were to ask you? What would your story be? What would your song be?
The writer of Blessed Assurance boldly proclaims who God is for them in a way that captivates and invites the hearer and singer in. God is savior. God is redeemer and the one who brings forth new life forever. In response to that amazing God the writer can do nothing but sing praises all day long. And so it is to be with us--filled so much with what God has done for us that we cannot keep silent but can only live a life that sings. What is your song? Sing it boldly! For you never know who needs to hear it.
God of salvation, embolden our voices to sing loudly our praises for you and all you do for us. Remind us that you are with us and that it is your message we are called to proclaim. Amen.
Justin A Grimm, '05

Director for Evangelical Mission and Assistant to the Bishop for Next Generation Ministries, Saint Paul Area Synod 
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment