Friday, January 31, 2014

Daily Scripture Devotion from Trinity United Methodist Church in Florida for Friday, 31 January 2014

"When the Donkey knows more than you do."
Balaam was riding on his donkey.  When the donkey saw the angel of The Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, she turned off the road into a field.  Balaam beat her to get her back on the road.  This happened two more times, then The Lord opened the donkey's mouth, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"  Then The Lord said, "The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. 
If she had not turned
 away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared her."  Balaam said to the angel of The Lord, "I have sinned.  I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me.  Now if
 you are displeased, I will go back."  (Numbers 22: 21 - 34).
This is a very interesting story.  Here's the point:  Don't be so hard headed, stubborn or blind that a donkey has greater insight and discernment than you do!  When God tries getting our attention, wemight be permitted to miss it once, but three times?!  The moral: pay attention.  Your life may depend on it.
P.S. Don't you just love some of these great OT stories?  
God bless, 
Dan

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment