Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada - L'Arche Canada Foundation Daily Thought with Jean Vanier for Wednesday, 30 July 2014 "Proving Myself"

L'Arche Foundation Logo
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada - L'Arche Canada Foundation Daily Thought with Jean Vanier for Wednesday, 30 July 2014 "Proving Myself"
Because I feel poor inside of myself, I have to prove I am someone. I have to be a success somewhere. One of my friends is chaplain of a prison in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the inmates went up to him and asked, "Do you like conducting services?" My friend said, "Yes." The inmate said, "Do you do it well?" My friend said, "I don't know." The inmate said, "Do you like speaking about God, do you like doing that?" And my friend said, "Yes." And the inmate said, "Well, I am the best car thief in Cleveland and I like it." We are all trying to prove that we are excellent, but in what domain?(Jean Vanier, Address to the Business Community, April 05)
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment