Saturday, August 30, 2014

Trinity United Methodist Church Daily Scripture Email Devotion for Friday, 29 August 2014 "Haggai (two more books left after this one)"

Trinity United Methodist Church Daily Scripture Email Devotion for Friday, 29 August 2014 "Haggai (two more books left after this one)"
"Is it time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while God's house remains a ruin?"  (Haggai 1:4; the year is 520 BC and the people of Judah have returned from exile in Babylon to see their city and temple that had been destroyed in 587, and still lies in ruins).
Yesterday as I got out of my car at Trinity, I looked around and said to myself:  "This place looks really good.  I'm grateful for Josh Fuller, Vince Perry and the Trustees over the years, who pay attention to all the little things and big things, and I'm grateful to our members who value keeping "God's house" looking first rate, like it deserves.  So, thank you all, for fulfilling what God told Haggai to tell God's followers to do with God's house. Amen.
-- 
-- 
Welcome to the new Trinity United Methodist Church's Daily Scripture Email system.
____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment