Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Psalm 119 (9)" Bible Reading: Psalm 119:65-72 for Thursday, 27 October 2016


The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Psalm 119 (9)Bible Reading: Psalm 119:65-72 for Thursday, 27 October 2016
Psalm 119:ט (Tet)
65 You have treated your servant well,
Adonai, in keeping with your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
because I trust in your mitzvot.
67 Before I was humbled, I used to go astray;
but now I observe your word.
68 You are good, and you do good;
teach me your laws.
69 The arrogant are slandering me,
but I will wholeheartedly keep your precepts.
70 Their hearts are as thick as fat,
but I take delight in your Torah.
71 It is for my good that I have been humbled;
it was so that I would learn your laws.
72 The Torah you have spoken means more to me
than a fortune in gold and silver.
-------
When I was in college, I took a math class. Sometimes when I tried to solve a math problem, I felt like my head would explode. I thought that those math problems were the worst things I would ever experience.
But during the past few years, I have experienced many bad things. Since my husband died, I have had the responsibility of taking care of my sons and dealing with my own health problems. I have to make important decisions all the time.
In our Bible Reading today, we learn how we should handle important decisions. The first thing we should do is ask God for His help and wisdom - "Give me the knowledge to make wise decisions" (verse 66a). Then we need to make sure we are obeying God's Word - "But now I carefully obey everything you say" (verse 67b). Finally, we need to ask God to guide us - "Teach me your laws" (verse 68b).

Do you have important decisions to make today? Talk to God about these decisions and ask Him to give you wisdom and strength.[BH]
"But I keep obeying your
instructions with all my heart."[Psalm 119:69b]
PRAYER: Lord, help me as I make important decisions in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App


Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment