Monday, February 27, 2017

Deaf Devo for Monday, 27 February 2017 of Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Punishment" Bible Reading: Matthew 25:41-46

Deaf Devo for Monday, 27 February 2017 of Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Punishment" Bible Reading: Matthew 25:41-46 
Matthew 25:41 “Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his angels! 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45 And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46 They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have done what God wants will go to eternal life.”[Complete Jewish Bible]
-------
No one likes to be punished. I remember one time my son did something wrong. He knew that what he had done was wrong and that he should be punished. So my son ran upstairs and hid. He thought if I couldn't find him, I couldn't punish him. I found my son hiding in my closet. I told my son that because I loved him, I had to punish him.
I punished my son, but the punishment did not last long. Soon he was smiling and playing again. Our Bible verses talk about the goats (evil people) and their punishment. When Jesus comes again, He will punish these people. Why? Because they did not follow and obey Him. But this punishment will not be for a short time. "...these evil people will be punished forever" (verse 46a).
I know that you do not want Jesus to punish you forever! But that will happen if you do not obey Jesus and help others. Make sure that you are a sheep and not a goat![Jo Krueger]
"So always be ready. You don't know the day your Lord will come...The Son of Man will come at a time when you don't expect him."[Matthew 24:42]
PRAYER: Dear God, I want to be a sheep. Help me to follow Jesus and help other people. In His name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment