Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Daily Devotional of The Upper Room in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "Renewed Day-by-Day" for Sunday, February 26, 2017 with Scripture 2 Corinthians 4:8-18

The Daily Devotional of The Upper Room in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "Renewed Day-by-Day" for Sunday, February 26, 2017 with Scripture 2 Corinthians 4:8 We have all kinds of troubles, but we are not crushed; we are perplexed, yet not in despair; 9 persecuted, yet not abandoned; knocked down, yet not destroyed. 10 We always carry in our bodies the dying of Yeshua, so that the life of Yeshua may be manifested in our bodies too. 11 For we who are alive are always being handed over to death for Yeshua’s sake, so that Yeshua’s life also might be manifested in our mortal bodies. 12 Thus death is at work in us but life in you.
13 The Tanakh says, “I trusted, therefore I spoke.”[2 Corinthians 4:13 Psalm 116:10] Since we have that same Spirit who enables us to trust, we also trust and therefore speak; 14 because we know that he who raised the Lord Yeshua will also raise us with Yeshua and bring us along with you into his presence. 15 All this is for your sakes, so that as grace flows out to more and more people, it may cause thanksgiving to overflow and bring glory to God.
16 This is why we do not lose courage. Though our outer self is heading for decay, our inner self is being renewed daily. 17 For our light and transient troubles are achieving for us an everlasting glory whose weight is beyond description. 18 We concentrate not on what is seen but on what is not seen, since things seen are temporary, but things not seen are eternal.
-------
If anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here![2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)]
I struggle with an illness that saps my strength and energy. As a result, I have difficulty getting myself out of bed in the morning. A friend sent me a picture of a phoenix (a mythological creature that rises from the ashes) with the words, “Still I rise.” I added today’s verse and 2 Corinthians 4:16: “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” I use it as a bookmark and keep it by my bed.
Many of us go through trying times, whether dealing with illness, limitations, or the emotions of accepting these realities. The words and picture on my bookmark remind me that each day is an opportunity to rise again, physically and emotionally, and to become a new creation in Christ.
Now, each morning after looking at my bookmark, I stretch my arms upward. I pray for God to fill me with the strength of the Holy Spirit as I rise and am renewed. Our transformation in Christ is an ongoing process, and each day moves us further along this path.
The Author: Scott Martin (New Jersey, USA)
Thought for the Day: Each day is an opportunity to be renewed in Christ.
Prayer: Dear Lord, help us reach to you for strength and welcome each day as an opportunity to be renewed in Jesus Christ. Amen.
Prayer focus: Those suffering chronic fatigue

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment