Sunday, February 26, 2017

Deaf Devo of Deaf Missions ub Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Sunday, 26 February 2017 "Reward" Bible Reading: Matthew 25:34-40


Deaf Devo of Deaf Missions ub Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Sunday, 26 February 2017 "Reward" Bible Reading: Matthew 25:34-40
Matthew 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36 I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the people who have done what God wants will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40 The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’
-------
When my children were young, they loved to get rewards. One day I made a big poster to hang on the wall. On the poster I listed things that I wanted my children to do everyday - clean their rooms, brush their teeth, comb their hair, help with the dishes, etc. If they did those things each day, I would put a special sticker on the poster. When they had many stickers on the poster, I gave them a special treat like a picnic in the park or an ice cream cone.
In our Bible verses, Jesus said that when He comes again He will reward the sheep (godly people). Why? Because these people did what Jesus wanted them to do. These godly people helped others in need. These people were prepared for Jesus to come again.
Our Bible verses also show us that Jesus wants us to help other people. In a few days we will look at ways we can help others. But today I want you to think about the reward that Jesus will give - eternal life with Him! Be excited for Jesus to come again.[Jo Krueger]
"But the godly people will go
and enjoy eternal life."
[Matthew 25:46b]
PRAYER: Father, please show me ways I can help others today. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment