Friday, February 24, 2017

The Nazarene Publishing House' WordAction in Kansas City, Missouri, United States Reflecting God "Heavenly Difference-Makers" by Jay Trainer for Friday, 24 February 2017 with Scripture 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28

The Nazarene Publishing House' WordAction in Kansas City, Missouri, United States Reflecting God "Heavenly Difference-Makers" by Jay Trainer for Friday, 24 February 2017 with Scripture 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
1 Thessalonians 5:
12 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are working hard among you, those who are guiding you in the Lord and confronting you in order to help you change. 13 Treat them with the highest regard and love because of the work they are doing. Live at peace among yourselves; 14 but we urge you, brothers, to confront those who are lazy, your aim being to help them change, to encourage the timid, to assist the weak, and to be patient with everyone.
15 See that no one repays evil for evil; on the contrary, always try to do good to each other, indeed, to everyone.
16 Always be joyful. 17 Pray regularly. 18 In everything give thanks, for this is what God wants from you who are united with the Messiah Yeshua.
19 Don’t quench the Spirit, 20 don’t despise inspired messages. 21 But do test everything — hold onto what is good, 22 but keep away from every form of evil.
23 May the God of shalom make you completely holy — may your entire spirit, soul and body be kept blameless for the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. 24 The one calling you is faithful, and he will do it.
25 Brothers, keep praying for us.
26 Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.
27 I charge you in the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.
28 The grace of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah be with you.
-------
There are many things in our world that seem to provide hope and promise for the future, but, in the end, deliver very little. There might be immediate needs met, something satisfying in the short-term, but one is left longing for more. When we try to fill the void in our hearts with some pursuit other than God, inevitably, we will be disappointed.
Perhaps it is time to begin to look at the hope, meaning, and purpose only God can provide. Instead of trying to pattern ourselves after other people, perhaps it is time to surrender to the Person who already provides the example. We don't have to keep clamoring for a new way to do things.
Jesus already set forth this model and way of life. When it comes to Christ, not only do we have His model in the Bible, but we also have His presence and power to be experienced through the Holy Spirit today! It’s not just learning about how, but staying fresh by remaining in relationship with Jesus, seeing His example in our lives.
Remain vibrant in your walk with Him and you will never miss a beat being a difference-maker for God.
-------
Hymn for Today: "Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated" by Frances R. Havergal
1. Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.
6. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee. 
-------
Thought for Today: John 17:3 And eternal life is this: to know you, the one true God, and him whom you sent, Yeshua the Messiah.
-------
Please pray: For the protection of volunteers who travel to minister in Eurasia.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment