Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Until We Meet Again for Tuesday, 21 March 2017 Rabbi Evan Moffic from Congregation Solel in Highland Park, Illinois, United States

Until We Meet Again for Tuesday, 21 March 2017 Rabbi Evan Moffic from Congregation Solel in Highland Park, Illinois, United States
Yesterday I ran into a couple I married ten years ago. We had become particularly close during the wedding preparation process.
At first they did not recognize me, nor I them. But then it dawned on all of us.
We had about five minutes to catch one another up on ten years of life.
The priest I had worked with at their wedding passed away. I had become the parent of two children, as had they. I had written three books, and both of them had new jobs.
Something felt so powerful and meaningful in the encounter. Sometimes people come along that touch their lives.
Then we lose touch or simply attend to other things. We do not mean to forget the relationship…it just happens.
You’ve probably experienced this phenomenon with teachers, childhood friends, even early mentors. But those moments when you can reconnect…they remind us that life is not solely about what we have or achieve.
It is about the people we encounter along the way. It is about the lives we touch and who touch our own.
Martin Buber send all real life is meeting. And we are doubly blessed when we get to meet again.
My call to action for today is to forward this email to a friend. Then they can also sign up for my list by going to www.rabbimoffic.com/passover where I am giving away a Jewish Holidays Cheat Sheet along with a special offer for a Passover script.
-------
Rabbi Evan Moffic
evan@rabbi.me
Evan Moffic
Congregation Solel
1301 Clavey Road
Highland Park, Illinois 60035, United State
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment