Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Deaf Devo - The Deaf Missions of Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Wednesday, 30 August 2017 "Summer Fun (1)" Bible Reading: Matthew 21:14-16

The Deaf Devo - The Deaf Missions of Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Wednesday, 30 August 2017 "Summer Fun (1)" Bible Reading: Matthew 21:14-16Matthew 21:14 Blind and lame people came up to him in the Temple, and he healed them. 15 But when the head cohanim and Torah-teachers saw the wonderful things he was doing, and the children crying out in the Temple, “Please deliver us!”[Matthew 21:15 Greek Ôsanna (English “Hosanna”) transliterates Hebrew Hosha na, which means “Please! Save [us]!”] to the Son of David, they were furious. 16 They said to him, “Do you hear what they’re saying?” Yeshua replied, “Of course! Haven’t you ever read,
‘From the mouth of children and infants
you have prepared praise for yourself’?”[Matthew 21:16 Psalm 8:3(2)]
-------
As I think back over this past summer, I remember all the fun I had during the summer when I was a child. Some of my best memories are when I went to Bible camp.
Bible camp was so much fun. I studied the Bible and fellowshiped with other children my age. Years later, my children went to Bible camp, too. When my youngest child went to camp, I missed her so much. But she had a great time - she did not miss me at all!
It is wonderful that children can have times of fun and fellowship. But it is more important that they can get together and praise and worship God. Our Bible Reading tells us about one time Jesus went to the Temple. Verse 15a says, "The leading priests and the teachers of the law...saw the children praising him in the Temple area. The children were shouting, 'Praise to the Son of David.'"
Take time to praise God and worship with your children and grandchildren today.
"But Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me. Don't stop them, because God's kingdom belongs to people who are like these children.'" [Matthew 19:14]
PRAYER: God, use me to teach children about You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment