Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The L'Arche Canada of Richmond Hills, Ontario, Canada - Jean Vanier - Daily Thought - Wednesday, 30 August 2017 "Wholeness and the Inner War"

The L'Arche Canada of Richmond Hills, Ontario, Canada - Jean Vanier - Daily Thought - Wednesday, 30 August 2017 "Wholeness and the Inner War"
I cannot think of taking the speck of dust out of my neighbor's eye unless I'm working on the log in my own. Evil is here in me. Warfare is inside my own community, and I am called to be an agent of peace there. But warfare is also in me and I am called to seek wholeness inside of myself. Healing begins here, in myself. Wholeness and unity begin inside of myself. If I am growing toward wholeness, then I'll be an agent of wholeness. If our community is an agent of wholeness, then it will be a source of life for the world around it. [Jean Vanier, From Brokenness to Community, page 50, L'Arche Canada | L'Arche Canada Foundation | Jean Vanier Online]
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment