Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Devotional of The Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta, California, United States for Tuesday, 24 April 2018

Devotional of The Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta, California, United States for Tuesday, 24 April 2018
GATEWAY E-News – 132D
Gateway Church Family, Date: Tuesday, 24 April 2018
The Scriptures are full of verses on prayer. I love Psalm 17:6 which says this, “I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.”. Personally, I have been thinking a lot about prayer lately. Many times, in our lives prayer becomes just another thing. However, I don’t believe that prayer should be just another thing that we add to our calendar. Prayer has got to be so much more than that. Prayer is vital and we need to make sure that our prayer lives are growing and maturing.
I want to challenge each of us to intensify our prayer life. I want to challenge each of us to take our prayer life to an entirely new level. I want to help you do this. Here are 4 ways to intensify and take our prayer life to a new level….
1.) Pray first thing – Every morning I hit my knees before I begin my day. This has worked wonders in my prayer life. I want to challenge you to pray first thing in the morning before the busyness of the day hits you. Get up early and seek God’s face.
2.) Include a lot of praise in your prayer life - Many times our prayer lives are full of requests. But I want to challenge us to make our prayers are also full of praise. Let’s make sure we thank God for everything that He has done for us and everything that He will do for us. Make your requests known to God but also make sure you are giving Him praise and thanks!
3.) Pray big bold prayers – What needs do you have in your life? In what areas do you need to see God move? I want to challenge you to begin to pray big bold prayers over these areas of your life. God can still do the impossible. Ask Him to move in the impossible in your life. Pray like never before asking God to move mountains!
4.) Listen – Make sure that in your prayer life that you take time to sit still before the Lord. Rest and listen in His presence. God still speaks and we need to take the time to listen.
Let’s all, as an entire congregation, take prayer to a new level.
God bless you this week. I am praying for you!
Pastor Kevin
***

No comments:

Post a Comment