Monday, June 18, 2018

Theology in Overalls "Working on book # 5" by Gregory Crofford for Monday, 18 June 2018

Theology in Overalls
  "Working on book # 5" by Gregory Crofford for Monday, 18 June 2018
My wife sometimes reminds me:
You can't edit a blank page.
As is often the case, she's absolutely right.
Such maxims have encouraged me in the past and helped me move from "some day" to "now." My doctoral thesis on prevenient grace was published in 2010. Next came a short book about hell, appearing in 2013. In 2014, I published a daily devotional book in French, then followed that up in 2016 with a book on the church's mission. In case you've noticed, that puts me (more-or-less) on an every three years schedule for the writing of a new book. So, since 2018 is already half gone, here's to kicking off the 2019 project:
Excellent Generosity: Ten Principles for Giving Living
The book is based on a Clergy Development seminar that I've given three times in Africa (Zimbabwe, Angola, and Kenya). All three times, it was very well-received. So, my intention is to expand each of the principles into one chapter of the book, with (of course) an introduction and conclusion to-boot. I hope to end up with something in the range of 100-110 pages, which is about what people seem willing to read these days.
As in the past, this blog will serve as the platform. Writing a chapter seems daunting; writing a blog post, less so. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment