Friday, May 29, 2015

Daily Readings for Saturday, 30 May 2015

Daily Readings for Saturday, 30 May 2015
Common of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Sirach 51:12     because you saved me from destruction
    and you rescued me from an evil time.
    For this, I will give thanks, praise you,
        and bless the Lord’s name.[a]
Search for Wisdom
13 When I was still young,
before I had traveled,
    I sought Wisdom openly in my prayer.
14 In front of the temple, I asked for her,
    and I will search for her until I die.
15 From the first blossom
to the ripening of the grape clusters,
    my heart delighted in her;
    I walked in straight paths;
        I chased her down from my youth.
16 I paid a little attention, and I received her
    and found much instruction for myself.
17 I made progress with her;
    I will give glory to the one
    who gives me Wisdom.
18 I made up my mind
to put Wisdom into practice;
    I sought the good,
    and I will never be ashamed.
19 My whole being grappled with her,
    and I was brought to perfection
    in my performance of the Law.
    I spread out my hands
    toward heaven,
    and I kept in mind[b]
    my ignorance of her.
20 I directed my whole being toward her,
    and in purity I found her.
    I had a heart for her[c]
    from the beginning.
    For this reason
    I will never be abandoned.[Footnotes:
Sirach 51:12 Between 51:12 and 13, Heb adds a long doxology.
Sirach 51:19 Some Gk manuscripts I mourned because of
Sirach 51:20 or I acquired a heart with her]
Psalm 19:8 (7) The Torah of Adonai is perfect,
restoring the inner person.
The instruction of Adonai is sure,
making wise the thoughtless.
9 (8) The precepts of Adonai are right,
rejoicing the heart.
The mitzvah of Adonai is pure,
enlightening the eyes.
10 (9) The fear of Adonai is clean,
enduring forever.
The rulings of Adonai are true,
they are righteous altogether,
11 (10) more desirable than gold,
than much fine gold,
also sweeter than honey
or drippings from the honeycomb.
Mark 11:27 They went back into Yerushalayim; and as he was walking in the Temple courts, there came to him the head cohanim, the Torah-teachers and the elders; 28 and they said to him, “What s’mikhah do you have that authorizes you to do these things? Who gave you this s’mikhah authorizing you to do them?” 29 Yeshua said to them, “I will ask you just one question: answer me, and I will tell you by what s’mikhah I do these things. 30 The immersion of Yochanan — was it from Heaven or from a human source? Answer me.” 31 They discussed it among themselves: “If we say, ‘From Heaven,’ he will say, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ 32 But if we say, ‘From a human source, . . . ’” — they were afraid of the people, for they all regarded Yochanan as a genuine prophet. 33 So they answered Yeshua, “We don’t know.” “Then,” he replied, “I won’t tell you by what s’mikhah I do these things.”
___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment