Saturday, May 30, 2015

The L'Arche Canada Foundation of Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada Daily Thought by Jean Vanier for Friday, 22 May 2015 "Openness"


The L'Arche Canada Foundation of Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada Daily Thought by Jean Vanier for Friday, 22 May 2015 "Openness"
Eric (a man who was blind and deaf and unable to speak), revealed to me the mutual openness which is at the heart of L'Arche. He opened his person to me, to my touch. I opened my doors, my person, to his presence. He gave himself to me and I gave myself to him in a spirit of service and communion. We trusted one another... As the Little Prince says, "We become responsible for the one we have won over." It is such a gentle thing to discover this covenant which unites us...[Jean Vanier, Quoted by K. Spink in The Miracle, The Message, The Story, page 178]
___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment