Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Daily Gsopel for Tuesday, 15 September 2015

The Daily Gospel for Tuesday, 15 September 2015
"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."[John 6:68] Our Lady of Sorrows - Memorial
Our Lady of Sorrows - Memorial 
Our Lady of Sorrows
(Memorial)
O God, when your Son was hung high on the cross
you willed that his Mother should stand by him and suffer with him.
Grant to your Church that she may share, through Mary, in Christ’s passion
and deserve to share also in his resurrection.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,  
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,  
God for ever and ever.
Amen  

Stabat Mater  (Sequence)
Stabat Mater dolorosa
iuxta crucem lacrimósa,
dum pendébat Fílius.

Cuius ánimam geméntem,
contristátam et doléntem
pertransívit gládius.

O quam tristis et afflícta
fuit illa benedícta,
mater Unigéniti!

Quæ mærébat et dolébat,
pia Mater, dum vidébat
Nati poenas íncliti.

Quis est homo qui non fleret,
Matrem Christi si vidéret
tanto supplício?

Quis non posset contristári,
piam Matrem contemplári
doléntem cum Fílio?

Pro peccátis suæ gentis
vidit lesum in torméntis, 
et flagéllis súbditum.

Vidit suum dulcem Natum
moriéndo desolátum, 
dum emísit spíritum.

Eia, Mater, fons amóris
me sentíre vim dolóris fac,
ut tecum lúgeam.

Fac ut árdeat cor meum
in amándo Christum Deum, 
ut sibi compláceam.

Sancta Mater, istud agas, 
Crucifíxi fige plagas
cordi meo válide.

Tui Nati vulneráti,
tam dignáti pro me pati,
poenas mecum divide.

Fac me tecum pie flere, 
Crucifíxo condolére, 
donec ego víxero.

Iuxta crucem tecum stare, 
ac me tibi sociáre
in planctu desídero.

Virgo vírginum præclára,
mihi iam non sis amára,
fac me tecum plángere.

Fac ut portem Christi mortem,  passiónis fac me sortem, 
et plagas recólere.

Fac me plagis vulnerári, 
cruce hac inebriári, 
et cruóre Filii.

Flammis urar succénsus, 
per te, Virgo, sim defénsus
in die iudícii.

Fac me cruce custodíri, 
morte Christi præmuníri, 
confovéri grátia.

Quando corpus moriétur, 
fac ut ánimæ donétur
Paradísi glória. Amen
At the cross her station keeping
stood the mournful Mother weeping,
close to Jesus to the last.

Through her heart, his sorrow sharing,
all his bitter anguish bearing
now at length the sword had passed.

Oh, how sad and sore distressed
was that Mother highly blessed,
of the sole-begotten One!

Christ above in torment hangs,
she beneath beholds the pangs
of her dying, glorious Son.

Is there one who would not weep,
whelmed in miseries so deep,
Christ's dear Mother to behold?

Can the human heart refrain
from partaking in her pain,
in that Mother's pain untold?

Bruised, derided, cursed, defiled,
she beheld her tender Child
All with bloody scourges rent.

For the sins of his own nation,
saw him hang in desolation,
Till his spirit forth he sent.

O sweet Mother! Font of love!
Touch my spirit from above,
make my heart with yours accord.

Make me feel as you have felt;
make my soul to glow and melt
with the love of Christ, my Lord.

Holy Mother! pierce me through,
in my heart each wound renew
of my Savior crucified.

Let me share with you his pain,
who for all our sins was slain,
who for me in torments died.

Let me mingle tears with you,
mourning him who mourned for me,
all the days that I may live.

By the cross with you to stay,
there with you to weep and pray,
is all I ask of you to give.

Virgin of all virgins blest!
Listen to my fond request:
let me share your grief divine;

Let me, to my latest breath,
in my body bear the death
of that dying Son of thine.

Wounded with his every wound,
steep my soul till it has swooned,
in his very Blood away;

Be to me, O Virgin, nigh,
lest in flames I burn and die,
in his awful judgment day.

Christ, when Thou shall call me hence,
by your Mother my defense,
by your cross my victory;

While my body here decays,
may my soul your goodness praise, safe in heaven eternally. Amen.
Our Lady of Sorrows - Memorial
The First Letter to Timothy 3:1 Here is a statement you can trust: anyone aspiring to be a congregation leader is seeking worthwhile work. 2 A congregation leader must be above reproach, he must be faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, orderly, hospitable and able to teach. 3 He must not drink excessively or get into fights; rather, he must be kind and gentle. He must not be a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, having children who obey him with all proper respect; 5 for if a man can’t manage his own household, how will he be able to care for God’s Messianic Community? 6 He must not be a new believer, because he might become puffed up with pride and thus fall under the same judgment as did the Adversary. 7 Furthermore, he must be well regarded by outsiders, so that he won’t fall into disgrace and into the Adversary’s trap.
8 Likewise, the shammashim must be of good character, people whose word can be trusted. They must not give themselves to excessive drinking or be greedy for dishonest gain. 9 They must possess the formerly hidden truth of the faith with a clean conscience. 10 And first, let them be tested; then, if they prove themselves blameless, let them be appointed shammashim. 11 Similarly, the wives must be of good character, not gossips, but temperate, faithful in everything. 12 Let the shammashim each be faithful to his wife, managing his children and household well. 13 For those who serve well as shammashim gain good standing for themselves and much boldness in the trust that comes through Yeshua the Messiah.

Psalm 101:
(0) A psalm of David:
(1) I am singing of grace and justice;
I am singing to you, Adonai.
2 I will follow the path of integrity;
when will you come to me?
I will run my life with a sincere heart
inside my own house.
3 I will not allow before my eyes
any shameful thing.
I hate those who act crookedly;
what they do does not attract me.
5 If someone slanders another in secret,
I will cut him off.
Haughty eyes and proud hearts
I cannot abide.
6 I look to the faithful of the land,
so that they can be my companions;
those who live lives of integrity
can be servants of mine.
The Holy Gospel of Yeshua the Messiah to Saint John 19:25 Nearby Yeshua’s execution stake stood his mother, his mother’s sister Miryam the wife of K’lofah, and Miryam from Magdala. 26 When Yeshua saw his mother and the talmid whom he loved standing there, he said to his mother, “Mother, this is your son.” 27 Then he said to the talmid, “This is your mother.” And from that time on, the talmid took her into his own home.

Our Lady of Sorrows - Memorial
Commentary of the day:
Saint Bonaventure (1221-1274), Franciscan, Doctor of the Church
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, Conference VI, 15-21

“There is your mother.”
The glorious Virgin paid our ransom as a courageous woman who loved with the compassionate love of Christ. In Saint John it is said: “When a woman is in labor she is sad that her time has come.” (Jn 16:21) The Blessed Virgin did not feel the pain that precedes childbirth because she did not conceive following the sin of Eve, against whom the curse was spoken. She felt her pain later: she gave birth under the cross. Other women know bodily pain, she felt that of the heart. Others suffer from physical change; she from compassion and love.
The Blessed Virgin paid our ransom as a courageous woman who loved the world and above all the christian people with merciful love. “Can a mother forget her infant or be without tenderness for the child of her womb?” (Isa 49:15) This can make us understand that the entire Christian people has come forth from the womb of the glorious Virgin. What a loving Mother we have! Let us take our Mother as our model and let us follow her in her love. She had compassion for souls to such an extent that she counted all material loss and every physical suffering as nothing. “(We) have been purchased
… at a great price.” (1 Cor 6:20)
______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment