Thursday, July 28, 2016

Deaf Devo - Deaf Missions from Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Thursday, 28 July 2016


Deaf Devo - Deaf Missions from Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Thursday, 28 July 2016
It has come to our attention that the DDD emails have not been sent to you in the last three days! We apologize for the inconvenience as it was sent to the wrong group of subscribers. Please forgive us!
We have re-sent the DDDs for the missed days of July 26th, 27th, and 28th. Again, we apologize for this error!
Thank you for your patience and understanding. God Bless!
-------
"Home"
Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:1-8
2 Corinthians 5:1 We know that when the tent which houses us here on earth is torn down, we have a permanent building from God, a building not made by human hands, to house us in heaven. 2 For in this tent, our earthly body, we groan with desire to have around us the home from heaven that will be ours. 3 With this around us we will not be found naked. 4 Yes, while we are in this body, we groan with the sense of being oppressed: it is not so much that we want to take something off, but rather to put something on over it; so that what must die may be swallowed up by the Life. 5 Moreover, it is God who has prepared us for this very thing, and as a pledge he has given us his Spirit.
6 So we are always confident — we know that so long as we are at home in the body, we are away from our home with the Lord; 7 for we live by trust, not by what we see. 8 We are confident, then, and would much prefer to leave our home in the body and come to our home with the Lord.
-------
Many years ago, something bad happened to me in my house. I had so many bad memories that I didn't want to even be in my house. 
On Sundays I went to a friend's house after church. She cooked dinner for me, and we laughed and talked. But when it became dark she said, "I know you don't want to go home, but you've got to go." A few months later a hurricane destroyed my house, and I had to rebuild. I felt like all my bad memories were washed away when my home was destroyed.
Our Bible verses talk about our eternal home with God. One day everything here on earth will be destroyed, even our physical bodies. "But when that happens, God will have a home for us to live in. It will not be the kind of home people build here. It will be a home in heaven that will continue forever" (verse 1b).
I obey and follow Jesus every day. Now I can't wait to go to my heavenly home and live forever with God.[SAH]
"Our only goal is to always please the Lord, whether we are living here in this body or there with him."[2 Corinthians 5:9]
PRAYER: Father, thank You for preparing a place where I can live with You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
"Search for Wisdom"
Bible Reading: Mark 4:10-12
Mark 4:10 When Yeshua was alone, the people around him with the Twelve asked him about the parables. 11 He answered them, “To you the secret of the Kingdom of God has been given; but to those outside, everything is in parables, 12 so that
they may be always looking but never seeing;
always listening but never understanding.
Otherwise, they might turn and be forgiven!”[Mark 4:12 Isaiah 6:9–10]
-------
Many people are very skilled at using a computer program called Photoshop. I use that program almost every day, but I am not skilled in using it. I love to use calligraphy, too. But I don't have the ability to create masterpieces like some people do. I am not skilled in Photoshop or calligraphy because I have not practiced enough. It takes time and effort to become skilled at these things.
In our Bible verses today, Jesus told His apostles that He was sharing some special wisdom with them. Why did Jesus do this? Because these twelve men gave up their families and jobs to follow Him. These men were willing to give up their lives for Jesus.
It takes time and effort for us to become skilled at learning from the Bible. But when we are willing to read God's Word every day and study it carefully, God will help us understand more about Him and His plan for our lives. 
Take time to read the Bible and search for God's wisdom.[SH*]
"Jesus said, 'Only you can know the secret truth about God's kingdom.'"[Mark 4:11a]
PRAYER: Father, I want to learn more about You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
"GPS"
Bible Reading: Psalm 119:1-16
Psalm 119: א (Alef)
1 How happy are those whose way of life is blameless,
who live by the Torah of Adonai!
2 How happy are those who observe his instruction,
who seek him wholeheartedly!
3 They do nothing wrong
but live by his ways.
4 You laid down your precepts
for us to observe with care.
5 May my ways be steady
in observing your laws.
6 Then I will not be put to shame,
since I will have fixed my sight on all your mitzvot.
7 I thank you with a sincere heart
as I learn your righteous rulings.
8 I will observe your laws;
don’t completely abandon me!
ב (Bet)
9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
don’t let me stray from your mitzvot.
11 I treasure your word in my heart,
so that I won’t sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, Adonai!
Teach me your laws.
13 I proclaim with my mouth
all the rulings you have spoken.
14 I rejoice in the way of your instruction
more than in any kind of wealth.
15 I will meditate on your precepts
and keep my eyes on your ways.
16 I will find my delight in your regulations.
I will not forget your word.
-------
I have a terrible sense of direction, so I have a GPS (Global Positioning System) in my car. It is wonderful! I follow the directions given by the GPS. If I make a mistake, it recalculates and gets me back on the right road again. 
One time I was in a different state. My GPS broke when I was between the airport and my hotel. I had no idea what to do. I did not want to make any turns because I was afraid of being even more lost! 
That's how it is with people who want to follow God but do not read and study the Bible. Our Bible verses remind us how important it is to study God's Word. Verse 11 says, "I study your teaching very carefully so that I will not sin against you." When we follow the Bible, we can know that we are on the way that leads to God. Then we don't have to worry. We can concentrate on doing things that please God. 
You can have a life of peace and confidence when you follow God's Word.[BL]
"'I will study your instructions. I will give thought to your way of life. I enjoy your laws. I will not forget your word."[Psalm 119:15-16]
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for showing me in the Bible how I can follow and please You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment