Saturday, July 30, 2016

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Who Are You?" by Duane Brush for Friday, 29 July 2016 with Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:1-9

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Who Are You?" by Duane Brush for Friday, 29 July 2016 with Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:1-9
-------
"Who Are You?" by Duane Brush
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:1 From: Sha’ul, called by God’s will to be an emissary of the Messiah Yeshua; and from brother Sosthenes
2 To: God’s Messianic community in Corinth, consisting of those who have been set apart by Yeshua the Messiah and called to be God’s holy people — along with everyone everywhere who calls on the name of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, their Lord as well as ours:
3 Grace to you and shalom from God our Father and the Lord Yeshua the Messiah.
4 I thank my God always for you because of God’s love and kindness given to you through the Messiah Yeshua, 5 in that you have been enriched by him in so many ways, particularly in power of speech and depth of knowledge. 6 Indeed, the testimony about the Messiah has become firmly established in you; 7 so that you are not lacking any spiritual gift and are eagerly awaiting the revealing of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. 8 He will enable you to hold out until the end and thus be blameless on the Day of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah — 9 God is trustworthy: it was he who called you into fellowship with his Son, Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord.
-------
I remember a night, I was perhaps 15, sleeping alone in the woods. It was part of my Boy Scout experience. Laying there listening to the sounds of nature at night and staring upward into the starry expanse I pondered, “Who am I?” I hadn't forgotten my name, my family, or my background; but who am I deep on the inside? What kind of a person am I really, apart from other’s perceptions or misperceptions? I came to no conclusions that night, eventually drifting off to sleep, yet the question returned at odd times and places.
The church in Corinth had forgotten, in some important ways, who they were. They had become quarrelsome and tolerant of sinful behavior. Part of the Apostle Paul’s concern in writing his first letter to the Corinthians was to remind them of their true identity. He uses some powerful descriptive phrases for them: “church of God,” “sanctified in Christ Jesus,” and “called to be his holy people” (1 Corinthians 1:2). Who they were was defined by their relationship with God through Jesus Christ. In Christ we discover who we truly are. I have found it so, I know you will, too.
-------
Hymn for Today: "Redeemed" by Fanny Crosby
1. Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever I am.
Refrain:
Redeemed, redeemed,
redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
redeemed, redeemed,
His child and forever I am.
2. Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus,
no language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
with me doth continually dwell.
Refrain:
Redeemed, redeemed,
redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
redeemed, redeemed,
His child and forever I am.
3. I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;

His love is the theme of my song.
Refrain:
Redeemed, redeemed,
redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
redeemed, redeemed,
His child and forever I am.
-------
Thought of the Day: John 1:12 But to as many as did receive him, to those who put their trust in his person and power, he gave the right to become children of God,
-------
Please Pray: That many people in Rwanda will come to know Yeshua the Messiah and receive th fullness of the Holy Spirit.
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment