Monday, July 31, 2017

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, States "MARVEL AT GOD’S LOVE" for Tuesday, 1 August 2017 - Read Jeremiah 29:10-14

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, States "MARVEL AT GOD’S LOVE" for Tuesday, 1 August 2017 - Read Jeremiah 29:10-14
-------

Jeremiah 29:10 “For here is what Adonai says: ‘After Bavel’s seventy years are over, I will remember you and fulfill my good promise to you by bringing you back to this place. 11 For I know what plans I have in mind for you,’ says Adonai,‘plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future. 12 When you call to me and pray to me, I will listen to you. 13 When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly; 14 and I will let you find me,’ says Adonai. ‘Then I will reverse your exile. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have driven you,’ says Adonai, ‘and bring you back to the place from which I exiled you.’
-------
“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” [Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)]
I have been going through many challenges recently, and I am trusting that God will help me. But sometimes doubt creeps in, and I feel overwhelmed or helpless. After watching an episode of my favorite TV show where a team of intelligent people saved the world dressed as comic book superheroes, I wondered: Why can’t I be a superhero? Why can’t I have superpowers that I can use to save millions of lives, to right all wrongs, and to bring justice to the world? As soon as I asked these questions the answers came to me. We are all superheroes! Our faith is our armor, our unique talents are our powers, and our strength is our God!
Each day God presents us with opportunities to right wrongs by sharing Christ’s love, to save lives by acting with kindness and compassion, and to bring justice by spreading God’s word. Our actions may not seem as big or as bold as those of the superheroes on TV. We may never know if our actions renew someone’s faith or if our compassion rekindles someone’s hope. We may never know whether we are an answer to someone’s prayer. But as today’s reading assures us, God has a plan for us. Embracing daily opportunities to help others can be a big part of that plan.
The Author: Kathy Morgan (Maryland, USA)
Thought for the Day: What “superpowers” has God given me to help the world?
Prayer: Dear God, help us always to trust you and your never-failing love for us. Amen.
Prayer focus: SOMEONE FEELING HELPLESS
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment