Tuesday, April 17, 2018

"The Devotional - Sort Of..." Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta, California, United States for Tuesday, 17 April 2018

"The Devotional - Sort Of..." Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta, California, United States for Tuesday, 17 April 2018
For this week’s devotional, I want to do something different. There is a need at Gateway Nazarene and I wanted to share my heart regarding it. Over the past year and half, Gateway has grown extensively. Many new people and families are now attending the church. We do really well at greeting visitors and following up with visitors. Many times, we hear comments about how loving we are as a church to new people. I praise God for this!
An area that we need to improve on is making sure once a visitor becomes a regular that we get them connected and involved. What we need is a “connections ministry”. This email is the kick off of our new connections ministry. However, we need a team of people to serve in this ministry. I am looking for three – four people who would be willing to serve in this ministry. Basically, to be here at our Saturday night service and our Sunday morning services. I envision this team having conversations with our new regulars and making sure they are feeling at home, making they are aware of our e-news, plugging them into ministry if they desire and inviting them to lunch occasionally to keep them engaged. This team would be very intentional at helping visitors transition fully into the life of the church.
If this is something that interests you, then I invite you to email me at kmcdonald@gatewaynaz.org and I would love to talk to you more. Here are some thoughts regarding the people that would fit perfect for this new ministry. The people involved need to be comfortable talking to people. They need to be people not currently involved in other ministries (we don’t want anyone to be stretched too thin). And they need to pray to make sure this is where God wants them to serve.
I am excited about all that God is doing in our midst and I am excited to see what God does with this new ministry.
God bless you today!!
Pastor Kevin
***

No comments:

Post a Comment