Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta, California, United States for Tuesday, 10 April 2018

The Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta, California, United States for Tuesday, 10 April 2018

GATEWAY E-News – 127D
Gateway Church Family, Date: Tuesday, 15 April 2018
Years ago, my oldest son Toby got in serious trouble. As my wife Jennifer and I began to discuss with him what he did wrong, Toby became very upset during this conversation. In fact, he packed his bag and wanted to run away. As he was about to leave Toby said something along the lines of this, “I guess you don’t love me anymore”. As soon as he said this, my heart sank. I calmly explained to him that while he was in trouble, my love for him had not changed. In fact, I shared that my love for him will never change. In that moment, he began to cry and I did too. As a father, my love for my children runs very deep.
In a much bigger way, God’s love for us runs even deeper. There is this great Scripture in the Book of Romans that I have come to love. It is found in Romans 8:37-39 and it says this, “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a]neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” This Scripture reminds each of us that nothing could every separate us from the love of God.
Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are superconquerors, through the one who has loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers, neither what exists nor what is coming, 39 neither powers above nor powers below, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God which comes to us through the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.(Complete Jewish Bible).
When we really take the time to think about this, we should be overwhelmed. In spite of all the things that I have done and in spite of all the things you have done, God’s love for you has never changed. I want to challenge you to reflect on this Scripture this week. Let the words that Paul wrote in Romans sink deep into your heart.
I also want to challenge you to take time to get on your knees and just thank God for His love for you.
The King of all creation loves you and there is nothing you could do to be separated from this love. This is awesome to think about!
I hope you have a great week.
Pastor Kevin
***

No comments:

Post a Comment