Friday, April 20, 2018

The God Pause Daily Devotional of The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Saturday, 21 April 2018 "Guide Me Ever, Great Redeemer," ELW 618

The God Pause Daily Devotional of The Luther Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States for Saturday, 21 April 2018 "Guide Me Ever, Great Redeemer," ELW 618
1. 
Guide me ever, great Redeemer,
pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but you are mighty;
hold me with your pow'rful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me now and evermore,
feed me now and evermore.
2. Open now the crystal fountain
where the healing waters flow;
let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong deliv'rer, strong deliv'rer,
shield me with your mighty arm,
shield me with your mighty arm.
3. When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside;
death of death and hell's destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs and praises, songs and praises,
I will raise forevermore,
I will raise forevermore.
***
We recently celebrated the First Communion Milestone in our congregation. As part of our preparation, our students, with the help of their parents, a few grandparents and our youth group baked communion bread. As we were mixing all of the ingredients together, we took turns sharing why communion was important to us. The common theme that emerged from all of the different ages gathered was that communion was a place where they felt closer to each other and closer to God. As we journey through the twists and turns of life, we ask that Jesus, the Bread of Heaven, would feed us always, so that no matter what we are facing we would have a place to feel the close presence of God and our community in Christ.
Great Redeemer, we thank you that we are a part of your body, broken for the world. We pray that as we are fed at your table, we might in turn reach out our hands to invite others to come and receive. Amen.
Sarah Sumner-Eisenbraun, '07
Pastor, St. Andrew's Lutheran Church, San Diego, Calif.
The Luther Seminary
2481 Como Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108, United States
***

No comments:

Post a Comment