Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Daily Devotion ~ Great Plains Conference ~ Episcopal Area ~ Tuesday, 29 October 2013


Daily Devotion ~ Great Plains Conference ~ Episcopal Area ~ Tuesday, 29 October 2013
Today, please be in prayer for:
Pastor Jim Stigall of Moran-Bronson UMCs of the Five Rivers District of the Kansas East Conference
Pastor Dayna Hauschild of Wichita College Hill UMC of the Wichita East District of the Kansas West Conference
Pastor Alice Lindekugel of Imperial UMC of the Great West District of the Nebraska Conference
~~~~~~~
This Week’s Lectionary
Twenty~third Sunday after Pentecost/in Kingdomtide – Green
Sunday, 27 October 2013
Joel 2:23 “Be glad then, you children of Zion,
and rejoice in the LORD, your God;
for he gives you the former rain in just measure,
and he causes the rain to come down for you,
the former rain and the latter rain,
as before.
24 The threshing floors will be full of wheat,
and the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.
25 I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,
the great locust, the grasshopper, and the caterpillar,
my great army, which I sent among you.
26 You will have plenty to eat, and be satisfied,
and will praise the name of the LORD, your God,
who has dealt wondrously with you;
and my people will never again be disappointed.
27 You will know that I am among Israel,
and that I am the LORD, your God, and there is no one else;
and my people will never again be disappointed.
28 “It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
and your sons and your daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will dream dreams.
Your young men will see visions.
29 And also on the servants and on the handmaids in those days,
I will pour out my Spirit.
30 I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
blood, fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood,
before the great and terrible day of the LORD comes.
32 It will happen that whoever will call on the LORD’s name shall be saved;
for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape,
as the LORD has said,
and among the remnant, those whom the LORD calls.(Messianic WEB)
Psalm 65:For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David. A song.
1 Praise waits for you, God, in Zion.
To you shall vows be performed.
2 You who hear prayer,
to you all men will come.
3 Sins overwhelmed me,
but you atoned for our transgressions.
4 Blessed is one whom you choose, and cause to come near,
that he may live in your courts.
We will be filled with the goodness of your house,
your holy temple.
5 By awesome deeds of righteousness, you answer us,
God of our salvation.
You who are the hope of all the ends of the earth,
of those who are far away on the sea;
6 Who by his power forms the mountains,
having armed yourself with strength;
7 who stills the roaring of the seas,
the roaring of their waves,
and the turmoil of the nations.
8 They also who dwell in faraway places are afraid at your wonders.
You call the morning’s dawn and the evening with songs of joy.
9 You visit the earth, and water it.
You greatly enrich it.
The river of God is full of water.
You provide them grain, for so you have ordained it.
10 You drench its furrows.
You level its ridges.
You soften it with showers.
You bless it with a crop.
11 You crown the year with your bounty.
Your carts overflow with abundance.
12 The wilderness grasslands overflow.
The hills are clothed with gladness.
13 The pastures are covered with flocks.
The valleys also are clothed with grain.
They shout for joy!
They also sing.(Messianic WEB)
2 Timothy 4:6 For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith. 8 From now on, there is stored up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day; and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his appearing.16 At my first defense, no one came to help me, but all left me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood by me, and strengthened me, that through me the message might be fully proclaimed, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18 And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom; to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.(Messianic WEB)
Luke 18:9 He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. 10  “Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. 11  The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: ‘God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortionists, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12  I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13  But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn’t even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”(Messianic WEB)
~~~~~~~
Today's Devotional:
Luke 3:21 Now when all the people were immersed, Yeshua also had been immersed, and was praying. The sky was opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily form like a dove on him; and a voice came out of the sky, saying “You are my beloved Son. In you I am well pleased.”(Messianic WEB)
~~~~~~~
GREAT CHURCHES. GREAT LEADERS. GREAT DISCIPLES. TRANSFORMED WORLD.
Contact Information
Great Plains Episcopal Office
9440 E Boston, Suite 160
Wichita KS 67207
316-686-0600
800-745-2350
~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment